Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't get password for username

Solved!

Can't get password for username

I have used my Facebook credentials for logging in but I want to set up Spotify on my Sonos system. How do I get a password for my Username as everytime I follow the instructions I'm just taken back to the Facebook login page. I have emailed about this ref 348515 but haven't heard anything. This has been two very annoying and frustrating days now and I'm at the point of cancelling my subscription. Can someone please help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Meredith,

this is what I get: an information that a link for the password has being sent! But there is nothing arriving! What am I doing wrong?

Please help!! 

spotify.jpg

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

ALL CLEAR NOW!!

THE EMAILS WERE RETAINED AUTOMATICALLY BY MY GERM AN EMAIL PROVIDER GMX AS SPAM!!!!

IT WAS THAT EASY.... 

SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE I'VE CAUSED HERE!

HAVE A NICE WEEKEND AND THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT EMAILS 

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Same problem for me. It is frustrating. I've sent already 2 Mails 2 the support, open an incident ticket (the number was only showed on the screen but not sent as email), posted my problem here and... nothing! If there is no mail for the device soon then I'm going to quit here.

have you tried this link?

https://www.spotify.com/de/account/set-device-password/

i found it in another post and it worked for me.

Tried it about 20 times now. It just takes you back to the login screen and you can't login because you don't have a password. It's a constant circle. Thanks for replying though.

The same for me! There is definitly no email with the link being sent. The reason for that only spotify knows, but there is apparently no support availlable. 

Hi Everyone,

When you click on that link you are given the log in for Facebook, just like the picture below. 

Once you enter your Facebook email and password you'll be taken to a screen with your Sonos username and a link to set your password. 

I've just sent emails to @Ivans and @Deb as well. You should be able to log in with the details I've sent. 

Screen Shot 2012-04-01 at 10.41.35 AM.png

Hello Meredith,

I didn't receive any email. Could be that there is a problem with my account in the database from spotify? I. e. concerning my email adress? 

Meredith. You are a lifesaver Spotify and Sonos now set up and working perfectly. Many thanks for your help. I'm now off to enjoy my music. Take care everyone

Meredith,

would you send me the email direct to ivanschmidt@gmx.de? 

Deb,

would you forward me the instruction from meredith? Ivanschmidt@gmx.de 

Hi Ivan. It seems that Meredith did something to change the link that enabled me to choose a password. Try going through the whole process of setting up a password for your device again. That's what I did and for some strange reason it worked this time. As I say she must have changed the link somehow. Good luck
Marked as solution

Meredith,

this is what I get: an information that a link for the password has being sent! But there is nothing arriving! What am I doing wrong?

Please help!! 

spotify.jpg

Hi Ivans - I've definitely sent the email to your ivanschmidt@gmx.de address. Have you checked your Spam filter as well?

Also, the more times you request this password on our site the longer it will take. All of the request slow the process down. That's probably why you've not received it yet.

Still, you should've received the email from me. Take a look in your filters and let me know.

Marked as solution

ALL CLEAR NOW!!

THE EMAILS WERE RETAINED AUTOMATICALLY BY MY GERM AN EMAIL PROVIDER GMX AS SPAM!!!!

IT WAS THAT EASY.... 

SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE I'VE CAUSED HERE!

HAVE A NICE WEEKEND AND THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT EMAILS 

Hi All - I was using an aol account as my primary email on facebook to use spotify. It seems that AOL blocks the email that gets sent to you even if you have SPAM filters OFF. The solution is to go to your facebook account and change your email to one that does not filter your emails.Once I did that I was good to go.

All the best

Suggested posts