Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't get premium ! (Because i used the free trial)

Solved!

Can't get premium ! (Because i used the free trial)

Hey Guys I got a Problem,

So about a year ago i used a free trial, or a 1$ per month subscription and canceled it afterwards.

So now I want to get the Student subscription, but this is only possible with a 3 month free trial. So everytime i want to purchase my subscription there comes the error message "you cannot use the subscription since you already used the free trial".

So what can i do to purchase premium?

thank you 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

hi, thanks for your reply.

i already contacted the customer support and they said they'd fix it, so for now i'm stuck waiting. i'll update as soon as it does (or doesn't) work.

update: so it turns out since i tried everything suggested to circumvent the free trial issue, spotify automatically locked my credit card because of too many failed attempts to pay with it. now they unlocked my credit card again, but in the email they sent me they linked to the normal purchase site (http://spotify.com/student) which still didn't work, but the link provided by @jack (https://www.spotify.com/purchase/panel/no-trial) worked for me this time. i was able to make the 10€ subscription and update it to the 5€ student subscription afterwards.

cheers!

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Hey @tehJoel, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

That's odd.

Could you try getting Premium for Students here using a different browser or private window?

Keep me updated 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

already tried that and doesnt work, because there is always the "3 month free trial" included 😞

first this shows uperror.jpg"looks like you already used the trial, but you can use it here"

when i click the link

error2.jpg

this shows up

"looks like you can't use this offer, but we got more offers for you..."

and then there is the student discount offer again with the 3 month free trial..so im stuck in a loop

Hey @tehJoel 

Can you try using the link below to purchase it? If that doesn't work let me know.

https://www.spotify.com/purchase/panel/no-trial

Best,

Jack

Hey Jack,

I got the regular subscription for 9,99 And i will cancel it afterwards. Maybe IT will change. Will keep you updated after 1 month.

Hi @tehJoel,

thanks for the update !

Keep us posted, we're always around to help 🙂

Hey there @tehJoel,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

If you're having troubles switching your Premium Individual subscription to Premium Student due to the same error message, we'd recommend heading here instead.

For more information to apply the discount on your account, we'd recommend taking a look here.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help like @OneByBoo mentioned.

Have a lovely day : )

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

hi, i'm having the same issue as @tehJoel, i can't subscribe to spotify premium because i already used the free test period with another account. i tried puchasing the 9,99€ a month subscription with the link you provided all i get is another error message. btw i'm verified for the student discount in case that's relevant.

Hey there @kid702,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

Just to clarify, could you let us know which link you've tried so far when this occurs?

If you haven't already, we'd suggest heading here to upgrade with Premium Students through an an incognito or private window in your browser.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Marked as solution

hi, thanks for your reply.

i already contacted the customer support and they said they'd fix it, so for now i'm stuck waiting. i'll update as soon as it does (or doesn't) work.

update: so it turns out since i tried everything suggested to circumvent the free trial issue, spotify automatically locked my credit card because of too many failed attempts to pay with it. now they unlocked my credit card again, but in the email they sent me they linked to the normal purchase site (http://spotify.com/student) which still didn't work, but the link provided by @jack (https://www.spotify.com/purchase/panel/no-trial) worked for me this time. i was able to make the 10€ subscription and update it to the 5€ student subscription afterwards.

cheers!

Hey again @kid702,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop about this!

Glad to hear that this was resolved 🙂

We hope you don't mind us marking your reply as a solution to make it more visible for any users with a similar issue.

In the meanwhile, don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else. We'll be spotify:track:4Gl0cgJY72rzNTDXsUHJVj 

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Hello,

I have the same problem, isn't there a way to not have to subscribe with a 10€ subscription first? Or am I not going to pay the 10€ but only the 5€ if I switch just after I subscribe?

Thanks 🙂

Hi,

i don't know of any other way to get around the free trial than using this link ->  https://www.spotify.com/purchase/panel/no-trial

i searched for quite a while and even the customer service couldn't give me an alternative. but if you happen to know of one, please let me know.

if you switch to premium for students after making your subscription with the above mentioned link you will not get a refund for the extra 5 bucks you payed for your first month. 

That's what I wanted to know, thank you.
I'll contact the support for a refund of the 5 euros if possible, I'll tell you if it works.
Have a good day!

I was able to solve the problem with the support.
They canceled the subscription and made me subscribe again, this time it wasn't offering me the three months trial.
No other solution apparently.

thanks for the update, i'll try that too.

cheers!

Hello! I just got off the customer service chat to get this issue resolved as well. They created a link for me in order to subscribe to the $5/month dew for students which is       www.spotify.com/student 

go ahead and try that. If it doesn’t work with you just contact them and they will be able to resolve your issue within 10 minutes 🙂 just look up Spotify customer service.

Suggested posts