Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't get rid of Dutch content recommendations (exasperated expat)

Can't get rid of Dutch content recommendations (exasperated expat)

I keep getting Dutch content recommendations. I'm not Dutch. I just live here, and I don't share the local cultural preferences, especially when it comes to music. No disrespect, but if I wanted to kill myself, Dutch radio is available for free anyway.

Is there a way to block this and get non-localised content recommendations, or at least UK ones?

7 Replies

Am I the first one to have this problem, or am I the first one to perceive it as a problem?

No answers from anyone, but at least I got 5 different badges, a couple of automated-friendly emails and my rank has been promoted to "music lover". It's just like having real friends!

Would still love an answer though... 🙂

7 badges earned, but no response. Computer, switch me off please.

I said switch me off, not upgrade my community rank (again)!

This hardly makes up for having to listen to a thumping faux-enthusiastic advert for a top-40 Spotify channel, in Dutch, for the n-th time, in between two Philip Glass tracks (apparently, they go one extra - it's top 50 in flatland).

I have the same issue. Live in Czech Republic, traveling and still wanna listen my local music in Belgium...Hope someone would come up with the solution soon!

Oh, abandon all hope. This place is dead. I can hear the echo of my own typing reverberating. I'll just keep on hating the annoying Dutch advertisers I notice before I hit the mute button, making a mental note never ever to purchase anything they advertise.

And inevitably...

"Congratulations Spotifyuser23!

As a result of your contributions to the community your new rank is Concert VIP.

If you need help getting started, have a look at our starter guide

Thanks!

Your Spotify Community Team"

Help? Your starter guide should include a link to Dignitas, Spotify Community bot.
How ironic that it is I who should verify that "I'm not a robot".

Suggested posts