Family plan

Country

Australia

Device

Moto E4

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

About a month ago I started having a playlist that I didn't make appear in my heavy rotation, and the web player would open itself and play random music, sometimes to the point that I'd turn my phone on after not using for hours, and Spotify would be on, playing music I didn't put on, and it had drained my battery.            I looked here to find help because it was I had been hacked, and found other people were having the same issues, with Spotify staff giving them the same generic answer that it was probably an issue with their Facebook security or they had let someone else connect a device to their account and never logged out, even when they specified they neither had Facebook or had connected to a device, and trying to tell them that Spotify hadn't been hacked.

I don't have Facebook linked to my account in any way as I don't use it, and haven't connected to a device,  I had a unique password only for Spotify, so I don't know how they accessed my account. So I followed the directions to change passwords and signed out everywhere, and even went as far as changing my google account and email passwords.                         I  just opened my Spotify and... they're back. What else can I do?! It's so obviously a random playlist of shitty bands that have payed someone to generate traffic for them. Is there anyway to report the playlist and the user who created it themselves? How can I get my account back? It's so frustrating having this playlist appear on my Spotify homepage when it's nothing like what I listen to and not mine. I just want my account left alone.

3 Replies

Hi there!

I'm sorry to hear you think someone else may have gained access to your Spotify accoount. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for the next steps to take. There, you should be able to find how to contact Spotify so they can take a look backstage and hopefully solve this as soon as possible. 

Let me know how things go!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Spoiler
I´m facing something similar, it has been happening for a while now, I keep receiving these requests to change the password, 2, 3 times a week. Every single week, today it came from the German branch of Spotify. I´ve changed the password again, unliked everything from my account but I´m really worried with the security of my info on Spotify! I´m asking around to see how it is on other providers because I´m losing my confidence on you, Spotify.

Hello @Ty,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We're sorry to hear what's happened to your account. Don't worry though - we're here to help.

There are several things you can do yourself to ensure your account is well protected. We recommend you visit this support page to learn how.

Moreover, if you're receiving messages from us, but are unsure whether they are legitimate - head here to find out what to do with suspicious emails.

Hopefully it will not come to this! But should you loose access to your account, be sure to follow the steps on this page. The support team will then help you to secure your account and hand it back to you.

Feel free to reach out to us again, if you're having any other concerns.

Take care!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts