Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't get to page to cancel subscription

Can't get to page to cancel subscription

I am attempting to cancel my premium sunscription. I looked on the help page to find instuctions on how to do it and found this:

How to cancel your subscription

Canceling your subscription reverts your account to the Free level:
Note: If you subscribed through any other company than Spotify, you need to contact that company to cancel.
  1. Go to the Subscription page.
  2. Under Cancel your subscription, click View your options.
  3. Select a reason (select Other reasons if you're canceling for a promotion). Click CONTINUE.
  4. Click CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION.
  5. Enter your password in the password field. Click CANCEL SPOTIFY PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION.
Your Subscription page now shows the date you will revert to our free ad-based service. We hope you decide to upgrade again!

Seems simple enough. So I went to my subscription page. Problem is, there's no "Cancel your subscription" or "View your options". All I have is this:

Your subscription

Subscription status

Your Spotify Premium subscription will be automatically renewed on 2014-12-30 and charged $12.99 + Sales tax, unless you cancel your subscription before that time.

Sprint Customers: Users accepting a trial will remain on Spotify Premium and will be billed up to $9.99/mo on their Sprint bill and may cancel at any time.

Premium codes

Have a Premium code? You can redeem it here.

View receipts

Click below to view the receipts for your payments

View receipts

...and that's it. Where is this mysterious cancellation page? I've searched the website and forums and can't find an answer. I'm using google chrome, I also tried using safari. That's the only suggestion I found, but the pages are the same. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!

7 Replies

Hey @ebartha8 ,

you pay 12.99$ a month? This indicates me you subscribed to premium via in-app-purchasing. To cancel the subscription, you need to go to your iTunes settings and remove the subscription there.

I still can't find the 'cancel subscription' under scription.

It said that your subscription automatically renew .

please help

Not only did I have this same issue but there is no way to contact via phone .

I cannot cancel my premium subscription because I cant get to the options page.Unless u r going to pay my $35 overdraft fees because I can't cancel my subscription...... CANCEL MY ACCOUNT!!!!!

I loggin through my facebook account. How can I cancel it?

PLease help!!!

I can’t even find the subscriptions page.  There is no menu visible at all on my Home page.  The only “menu” I can find in the app is on the Library page.  From there I can access an “Account” selection, but that only reveals my username and my subscription type: Premium.  Neither is clickable - they’re static display.  Anyone else experience this?  

Online instruction not working there is no “subscription “ option under account how do I cancel?

Suggested posts