Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't invite family members?

Solved!

Can't invite family members?

Hi,

I already have a family account and added a family member. I now want to add 2 more, but can't find the invite-link anywhere?

89 Replies

Agreed that it is amazing that this is not fixed yet. I setup an account
for my kids to share but they had conflicts as they like to listen to
different music at the same time. I would add two users but to cancel and
restart the account is too much of a hassle. As a result, Spotify is out on
$10 per month or the revenue of a new subscriber. I also will be checking
out the Apple version.

Same problem.  Since I have to cancel my subscription anyway, maybe a good time to try Apple Music.

This is totally hopeless...i allready have my wife in my family plan, and now want to add one of my kids....Spotify now tells me to cancel my premium plan, and then wait for  their obvious crapy systems to sync, and subscribe to premium again, and then add the 2 additional family members???...How about me telling them to go with apple music and me going to Groove?.....

ok...so to add another member to my family plan, I need to cancel my entire premium plan, wait for it to revert to free, then sign back up for premium family with 2 family members.  My question is "do I and my existing family member lose all of our saved playlists and things when I cancel and resubcribe?"  Please confirm one way or another.

I can attest that you do get to keep your stuff as long as you use the same
logins.

Really intuitive right? How many developers does Spotify have working for
them? And this still is an issue?!?!?!

Anyway to answer your question. Your crew will keep their premium plan
until the end of the period. I JUST had to do this again so I could add my
wife to my family plan. I cancelled, I then had a week remaining until my
plan expired. Everyone still had the premium features.
Then on my plan expiration date I signed up again for a new family plan.

It's almost like we're back in 1995 and this whole "online billing" thing
is still getting figured out. Don't forget your AOL CD.

Wasn't a problem for me. One thing I didn't notice was whether it affected any playlists with locally saved files as I believe non-premium membership doesn't allow that functionality. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

This problem is still not fixed. I have 2 of my sons signed up in my family account. I have a third son who wants to join. But I cannot find the invite button either. I am not prepared to have three of us mess around with accounts to achieve invite by workaround.

How about Spotify reduce my third son's account cost  to family rate while they sort this mess out.

Ridiculous that 'cancelling your subscription, then re-activating' is the solution for adding additional family members.

@Spotify: can you please just provide the service I'm paying for? All we need is a button where I can add up to 5 family members, at any given time.

This is utterly ridiculous and makes sense for no-one. I assume the issue if that if you pay on the 1st and add a 3rd user on the 5th then either you have to give a free 25 days or do a second pament for the month. Id personally suggest the former and keep an eye for people gaming it alternatively do a pro rated payment added to the next month or separate or add a free account until the next payment date.

But Do Something

this solution is absolutely MORONIC, may actually get me to switch to APPLE MUSIC, trying to add 2nd family member, willing to pay them $20 a month, apple will only charge $15 a month for up to 6 people

My son has the premium account and I want to upgrade to the family account so he can add me.  Sent an invite but it tells me i'm already part of a family plan.  I am not! Do i need to cancel his plan and make a new one?

That's insane! I don't want to cancel the account just to add another member. Come on Spotify... most things are easy to do. Surely you can fix this

We are paying for Spotify Family 1 admin (me) and 2 family members. I want to add

1 new family menmer to ours spotify family account. I can`t find any invite button in my "Family Manage page" Wyh can`t Spotify fix this issue??? I want to pay Sptify more money, but i Can`t??? Crappy admin page!!! FIX THIS SPOTIFY!!!!

This is unbeliveable!  Never known as bad design in software.  It should be possible to upgrade to Family 1+2 from Family 1+1 as easily as from premium to family 1+1.  You should fire your software design team!

@Peter wrote:

It's not a bug, you can't change the number of members on the plan after you set it up. So if you set up a 1+1 subscription, you can't change it to 1+2 without cancelling I'm afraid.

See the help page for full details:
https://support.spotify.com/uk/learn-more/guides/#!/article/spotify-family

What if I want to add another subaccount to my plan?

The number of subaccounts (i.e. the number of people you can invite) that you selected during signup cannot be changed. You may however cancel the account – at which point all members of the plan revert to Free level subscriptions if the current billing month lapses. You would then sign up again, selecting the number of subaccounts you want. You may the re-invite the people you want to keep on the plan.

I have been Spotify premium member since something like 2012. This bug (IT'S A BUG) is making me to change to Apple music.
End of story..

Sigh! A year later and this bug is still there?! Get a grip Spotify!

Seems like an easy solution...cancel your membership and join Apple Music.. Problem solved! 🙂

Incredibly unprofessional that I can't just add a third family member and update payment info but are forced to cancel the plan and subscribe again.

One more client lost to Apple Music.

I think Spotify is very clear in the instructions... Why it doesn't work?

To Invite a member:

Only the administrator of the plan is able to invite a member.

1. To invite someone to join one of the allotted subaccounts in your plan, go to the account page.

2. Click MANAGE YOUR SPOTIFY FAMILY.

3. Click INVITE to add a member to your plan.

4. Enter the e-mail of the person you want to invite. Click SEND INVITE.

(https://support.spotify.com/uk/learn-more/guides/#!/article/spotify-family)

Suggested posts