Can't invite family members?

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Can't invite family members?

Regular

dear spotify employees, are you going to fix this? it cost me more than 30 minutes to figure this out, this is not the way to please your customers...

Highlighted

Regular

This is very puzzling. I don't see a reason why this would be this way but maybe I'm not thinking of something. As admins and account holders, we should be able to add and remove users as we see fit. I'm paying the bill so why does it matter to spotify who is using it. It defeats the whole purpose of the family plan. Sometimes we might not know at first who would be on our plan. People might not want to use it anymore in the future or I may want to add another friend. To make users go through a bunch of hoops where some simple buttons in the famly plans section would suffice is not customer friendly at all. 

Highlighted

Regular

I'm afraid the reason is that the financial administration can't handle such difficult systems. Would have thought a techcompany like spotify would be able to manage such financial data streams 

Highlighted

Regular

That's an insane excuse if that is the reason. It's 2014. I emailed spotify asking about the situation and the only response I got back is their general we don't allow it. No reason why but here's the procedure. I already know the procedure. I just want some clarification why this is so and if this is being looked at as a future change. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Now that's just ridiculous... 

Highlighted

Just chiming in - this is ridiculous. So I have to cancel my account, wait for it to revert to free, then resubscribe, in order to add another person and give Spotify more of my money. Seriously? When your competition offers VERY similar services/products, it is this kind of thing that makes people jump ship. Ugh.

Highlighted

Regular
Same issue here. This is terrible... Spotify, you need to figure this out! I have family members waiting!
Highlighted

Is this not solved yet?

I cant see the family plan on https://www.spotify.com/dk/accounts/overview/ 

and i cant click the MANAGE YOUR SPOTIFY FAMILY.link as it is not there.

I am a premium member

Highlighted

Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23

@soerensejr 

To sign up for the family plan, you need to go here:

http://spotify.com/family

If you already have the family plan and you are having trouble,

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaRock Star 23
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Regular

What a mess.. They finally listen to something I amongst many others have been requesting for years and then they make an arse of it. The help guide says to go to manage your spotify family. this option is not there.. Seriously. though this probably will not get resolved for about 2 years. A premium subscriber since it began i'm starting to get a bit annoyed by it.

Although posting here will do no good, people need to blast them on twitter. it's the only way companies respond in a timely manner. They don't like the bad press.

SUGGESTED POSTS