Can't invite family members?

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Can't invite family members?

Casual Listener
I did that last week after contacting support and they told me it really was the only was to change the account.

Gave up and took the new Google offer of £15 for me and five family members
Highlighted

Casual Listener
2. Allready done 🙂
Highlighted

Casual Listener

@Peter wrote:

It's not a bug, you can't change the number of members on the plan after you set it up. So if you set up a 1+1 subscription, you can't change it to 1+2 without cancelling I'm afraid.

It's not a bug in the same manner that a missing steering wheel in a car isn't a bug.  Sure, maybe they didn't bother putting it in on purpose so it's semantically not a bug, but it should still be there for the system to be useful.  It seems there are a lot of people who want to add family members but can't, so Spotify is losing a lot of money.  Whoever made the decision that adding family members isn't important enought to bother with should to be fired.

Highlighted

im at a loss here. at no point was i asked if i wanted a 1 + 1 subscription (what would be the point)!!!  when i registered for premium i was under the illusion i could add 4 family members

have spotify miss-sold me and thousands others?

very poor

Highlighted

Casual Listener

This is *not* solved. This is extremely bad user experience design. I wouldn't allow this level of interaction out of the development team.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
I suppose it's technically not a bug, but you don't see user experience get to release version as bad this very often.
Highlighted

This same rediculous problem still exists in January, 2016. A mess, indeed! Disappointing, Spotify!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

If I cancel my account will I lose any information such as my playlists? 

Highlighted

Same question, if I cancel what will happen to all my playlists? I don't think I can handle losing them. 

My family plan overview says "Click "invite" to offer one of your available Premium accounts to a family member." but there isn't an INVITE button anywhere!

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Yes, it retains everything. It actually works better than expected. When you cancel your account: * it will operate normally until the expiration date * When the expiration date happens, you will not be able to play the list as normal but instead there will only be a shuffle option * You then go to the registration form and enter a new registration * You will have the option to enter any number of addition users * You will send each a invitation * They will accept the invitation to have their accounts activated with premium access
SUGGESTED POSTS