Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't invite family

Can't invite family

Hi,

I just upgraded my premium subscription to a family subscription. 

After inviting my girlfriend, she receives the activation code in her e-mail, however after entering the code, a warning appears - claiming she couldn't be added to  Premium for Family because both accounts have to be in the same country als the subscription owner. 

We are BOTH located in the SAME country and our membership details confirm this. What is going on?
4 Replies

@getthecool

If your country codes appear different in your profiles, for example, one of them in uppercase and the other in lowercase, the system treats them as different countries.

This is due to the fact that Facebook created accounts take the country information from the Facebook profile.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

On the application, opening up the account settings page and choosing to disconnect from Facebook resolved this issue.

Many thanks.

Hi @osornios

How can i help this problem.

My dad logs in on his normal name and i log in with my facebook account.

How could we get these country codes the same?

many thanks

Hey @rensvendrig

If your country codes appear different in your profiles, for example, one of them in uppercase and the other in lowercase, the system treats them as different countries.

This is due to the fact that Facebook created accounts take the country information from the Facebook profile.

I'd suggest to create a new account with a different email address from the one you use for Facebook. That will give you a Spotify username and password, independent of any Facebook account.

Once you have this new account, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you migrate your library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts