Can't link facebook account while I can log in

Plan

Premium

Country

Italy

Device

Oneplus 6/XPS 13

Operating System

Android Pie OxigenOS/Manjaro Linux (official app)

My Question or Issue

Hello,

I once had an account created directly with facebook login, but recently I have made a new spotify account with my email address.

I wanted to link my new spotify account to my facebook account in order to find my friends, so I logged out from devices using facebook login and deleted the app permission from facebook ( https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=applications )

I then logged in with my email on both my phone and my laptop with no errors, then I tried to connect my facebook account. On the phone a windows open and closes immediatly leaving a blank "spotify" window with no facebook auth request. On the laptop I can actually log in my facebook account and it looked like the procedure went through smootly.

I then tried to log in directly with facebook and I was actually logged in my new account with premium subscription.

My issue happens when I try to look for friends: I can't get the list.

Also, if I log out of my session and try to log in to spotify with my email I see again "Connect to facebook" as if the procedure wasn't successful in the first place.

Could someone from Spotify look into the issue and help me? I believe my old "facebook made" account is somehow still active and breaking things.

Federico

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The issue has been fixed by chat support deleting my old facebook-made account and telling me to enable "Facebook data" in my new spotify account's Privacy settings

We can mark this as solved

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi there!

I’d recommend checking out this Spotify Answer for the steps you should take to use Spotify with Facebook.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Jack 🙂

The problem is I can't reliably link my facebook account to spotify account, so I can't disconnect them.

I've attached a couple of images to better explain (I hope). Also, I have done these tests on Windows, but I get the same results with Linux or Android app.

I'd like to remark that I do can login with facebook meanwhile this connection does not work.

Once I connect facebook I get the intended resultOnce I connect facebook I get the intended resultBut if I close and run again Spotify app it's not connected anymoreBut if I close and run again Spotify app it's not connected anymoreIf I try to get my friend's list before restarting the application, I get this errorIf I try to get my friend's list before restarting the application, I get this error

Hey there @fede-dot-97,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Just to confirm, have you made sure that your old, Facebook-created account is closed to avoid confusion? If not, you can follow the steps here.

Further, since you mention that you're having troubles finding your Facebook friends from your new Spotify account, we'd suggest making sure that you haven't opted out of sharing your Facebook data with Spotify. There's more info about this in this Spotify Answer

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you have any further questions 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hello,

At this point I'm not sure I have properly deleted my old account, I might have only unlinked it from "connected apps" on facebook and this might be the root cause of my issues.

I have tried to unlink my current account with my facebook account (as I previously reported they are "partially linked"), but I can't create an account with my facebook account only. To be clear I tried to sign up with a brand new account via facebook and that fails.

Do you have any idea on how my situation can be fixed? It looks like you should manually delete my old account.

Hi,

I haven't yet found a solution.

Could you help me? I'd like to keep in touch with my friends

Marked as solution

The issue has been fixed by chat support deleting my old facebook-made account and telling me to enable "Facebook data" in my new spotify account's Privacy settings

We can mark this as solved

Suggested posts