Can't link to new facebook after old one had to be deleted

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung galaxy 7 and desktop and website

My Question or Issue

I had Spotify linked to FB, but because of a security issue with my ex i had to delete that FB account and create a new one. It uses the same email address. Now Spotify won't link to it. On the app I have the option but it takes me to a black screen. The desktop has no option to log in with FB nor does the website that I can see. The direct link i have seen people share takes me to a 404 error page. 

I think it is somehow still linked to my old deleted FB account, but I can't remove it from the Fb side because that account is gone. Is it possible to link it to my new account without having to create a new Spotify account? i don't want to lose all my songs and playlists. 😞

3 Replies

Hi @user-removed, thank you for posting.

As a first step, I recommend checking out the FAQ page ”I want to use Spotify without Facebook” here for the steps you should take to start the process of switching those accounts.

Thanks, let me know if you have any other questions!

Hello, 

I did see that page already, but I do not have the disconnect option. I was hoping for a solution that didn't mean losing 10k songs and 10 playlists, some of which have a few thousand songs. I guess I'm just stuck not having them linked and not being able to add my FB friends. 😞

In case anyone else has this issue .. I contacted Spotify chat support  ( https://support.spotify.com/ca-en/contact-spotify-support/ )  under Account and Facebook Created Account.

Steps : 

1. The rep freed up my email

2. I logged out and set up a new account with the same email address

3. The rep transferred over my songs and playlists and set my account to regular with a month of Premium

4. I upgraded back to Premium and then Premium Family and added my family back

5. The rep closed my old account

6. I linked the new account to my new Facebook

It was actually much less painful than I thought it would be. It took longer to find the link to the Spotify chat help than it did to transfer everything over. 

Suggested posts