Country

Italy

Device

All

Operating System

All

My Question or Issue

Hi there,

in 2017 I moved to the US from Italy and consequently changed my Country settings following the procedure, all good.

Then, I got back and changed the Country back. 

All seemed good, but now I realize that I cannot listen to some artist, apparently for Country restrictions. I.e. Davide Van de Sfroos (Italian Folk artist) for me is basically unavailable (just 2 songs).  If I search it on Google, I land on the Spotify web version and I see the albums, but all are grayed out.

Fact that this is a Country issue is my guess, but probably a good one.

Is there a way to get back to the right setting?

I confirm that my profile results as IT (Italian) in the profile settings.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @sivy78,

you're welcome, i'm always here to help.

There isn't a way to check availablity between countries.

Can you send me some screenshots showing the country listed in your settings over at Spotify.com and some more of the music you're trying to listen to ?

In addition, are other users, friends or family from Italy able to listen to the tracks you're trying to ?

Thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey there @sivy78,

thanks for posting !

We want all the world’s music and podcasts on Spotify, but availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders.

The good news is: We add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon, so please check back! 

Have a great day 🙂

Hi There,

I guess there's a misunderstanding here.  It's totally clear to me that the permissions are country-dependent. The issue is that the music I'm looking for IS Italian and available for Italian listeners, but for some reasons, it's not available TO ME, even if I'm correctly set up as Italian user.

Hey @sivy78

thanks for the update !

If your account set up country is Italy and the content is available there, you should not have issues playing it.

Can you please try playing these tracks across a few other devices to see if the same issue repeats ?

Thanks 🙂

First of all, thanks a lot for your help.

The issue is actually happening all across my devices (iPad, Smartphone, Mac app and web listener). 

Is there a way I can check the content country availability?

Marked as solution

Hey @sivy78,

you're welcome, i'm always here to help.

There isn't a way to check availablity between countries.

Can you send me some screenshots showing the country listed in your settings over at Spotify.com and some more of the music you're trying to listen to ?

In addition, are other users, friends or family from Italy able to listen to the tracks you're trying to ?

Thanks 🙂

See: this is why you're an expert and I'm not 😉 same problem on the same album (or better, artist) for my friends too, so at this point looks like that artist is just not OK with rights, for everybody.

Thanks a lot again for your help and sorry for the false alarm!

Hey @sivy78,

First of all, i'm always here to help.

Sorry to hear you can't listen to the desired artist but i'm sure Spotify does everything within its power to provide all users with all the music in the world as wrriten in my previous comments.

Welcome to our great community and enjoy Spotify 🙂

Suggested posts