Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't log in on mac book

Can't log in on mac book

Several months ago I was using the Spotify app on my Mac book, which I always leave logged in, and Spotify inexplicably kicked me out and demanded I reenter my credentials. I did and it wouldn't let me log in. It sort of dims as if something is happening, but nothing ever happens and I literally can't do anything. When I click on the "Log in using Facebook" button nothing happnes. Since that time I have looked up every forum post and attempted every solution and none of them were helpful. I have tried using my username, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software. I am able to log in on my Android and using the web player, but I prefer listening on the desktop app and I am going crazy trying to get this resolved. I sent in a help ticket months ago and have heard nothing back. It's crazy to me that this is still an issue and completely unacceptable that there is no way to get in touch with anyone to get it resolved. If someone can't help me with this I'm deleting my account.

2 Replies

Hey there!

Solution 1: Are you on the latest version of Spotify? You can check this by pressing the “About” section in the drop-down menu at the top. If you get any prompts or alerts regarding a new update, make sure to accept.

Solution 2: Re-download the desktop application from spotify.com and delete the older app.

I am assuming it's the latest version--I have attempted uninstalling and reinstalling every way I can think to do it at this point, including re-downloading it, but I don't see an "about" section anywhere that I am able to access to without logging in. I have always updated in the past when I have gotten the prompts and never had an issue with being logged out before.

Suggested posts