Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can´t log in or reset password

Can´t log in or reset password

Plan

Free

Country

Germany

My Question or Issue

I have suddenly been logged out of my account on all my devices and cannot change my password. When trying to log in on my phone it works but a  split seccon later I am logged out again. When I try to reset my password I get the email and it says my username is the name of my sister which doesn´t work anywhere but when I click on the link it says the link has already been used or it is overwelmed. If I send the email to y sisters email adress it works but it only rests her password and not mine. If I search my profile on a different account it is still there I just can´t log in. I do not now what is wrong.

3 Replies

Hello @hacimleze,

Thanks for reaching out here and welcome to the Community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties accessing your account. No worries, we're here to help!

You might have used a different email address when you first registered your account. We'd recommend you head over here for tips and tricks on how to find if you have other accounts 🔍

In case you no longer have access to the email address registered on your account, you can get help from our support teams by following the steps in this Spotify Answer.

Hope this helps! Give us a shout if you've any other questions.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I never have had any other Spotify accounts. That is my problem. My email
has been associated to a different account I do not know of. My password is
right because it has been saved in my Samsung Pass from the last time I
used it but it no longer works. I can not reser it because my email adress
does not work with the account. I was able to sign in using Samsung on my
phome but I can't get in on the Web or on my laptop.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop @hacimleze!

Can you try logging in here and check the email address that's registered with your account? Or since you're already logged in on your phone, you can also try the following:

1. head to the in-app Settings and scroll down to the end of the page
  2. tap Support
  3. on the next page tap on the profile picture in the top right corner.

If your primary email address is used on a different account you can either change it as described here, to free it up so that you can use it for your original account or close the second account by following the steps here. Keep in mind, that if you close the account you'll have to wait approx. 14 days before you can use the email again.

Let us know how you get on. We'll be here if you need more help with this 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts