Premium

Country

Singapore

Device

LG G6

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Logged out on the Spotify mobile app, and now can't log back in via Facebook. Every time I try, I receive an error message saying "Something went wrong Please try again later or try using your email instead." (I cannot log in using email because it requires a password which I don't have connected to the account because the account is connected via Facebook).  The situation does not arise on the Spotify App for PC however as I've logged out and in countless times via Facebook. 

I've tried going to facebook.com>settings>apps and websites and remove Spotify and then try logging in but the same error message still gets displayed.

Had the same problem a few months ago too, but then found the solution on some online forum (I think)

Help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @SomeGuy245 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing that kind of issue with your Spotify account. So, first of all, I suggest that you try to make a clean reinstallation of the Spotify app to check if the problem is solved. However, you can check out this thread that can give you more information about any other possible solutions.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg 

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, @SomeGuy245 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing that kind of issue with your Spotify account. So, first of all, I suggest that you try to make a clean reinstallation of the Spotify app to check if the problem is solved. However, you can check out this thread that can give you more information about any other possible solutions.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg 

LuanSpotify Star

Hi,

Are you able to logon to the spotify account page?

https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

If so you can find more details about your account like your username and password reset.

Regards,

René

Reinstalling works! Thanks so much, can't believe I overlooked that. 

Hey again, @SomeGuy245 

Happy to know that my answer was useful for you. If your issue/question was solved, I'd like to ask you to mark my answer as a solution and give me kudos! That's important for other people with same issue get an useful answer faster.

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts