Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't log in to Spotify through Facebook: "Don't have authorisation"

Can't log in to Spotify through Facebook: "Don't have authorisation"

I am using the app on my Windows PC and can't log into it through facebook, which is the only way since it doesn't accept my facebook email as an account. One day I came home and I was logged out. I am still logged in on my phone, at work, and in the browser, but the app just wont let me do it. It just sends me to a page that I "don't have authorisation to view".

This has gone on for days, I updated the app, reuinstalled it, restarted my PC, used a different browser, and nothing works. How can I get access to my app again?

Error.JPG
2 Replies

Try on a logged in device to go to your account settings, select account view and choose sign out from everywhere, if it doesn't work, try resetting all of your browsers, go to their settings and find the option to reset them.

Hey @ChristianMaund,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

If the steps which @Titoazerty suggested don't work, you can try logging out of Facebook on all browsers and log into Spotify again - you should be prompted to enter your Facebook credentials.

If that doesn't work, it's possible that your Facebook account has been unlinked from your Spotify account. To double-check, could you go to your Facebook profile, click on the arrow in the top-right corner of your profile, and then select Apps and websites from the left-hand bar? Spotify should appear in the list of connected apps.

Keep us posted 🙂

Suggested posts