Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't log in with Facebook and no password reset

Can't log in with Facebook and no password reset

Hi all,

I've been having the following problem for a couple of days:

The desktop app won't let me log in using my Facebook account (it has been linked for several years). I don't know the username that goes with it, but even as I use the FB account's email address to reset my password, the password reset link just is not delivered. 

Hoping someone knows the cause of this problem or a solution for it.

Thanks in advance!

Levente

10 Replies

Hey @leventevervoort! Welcome to the community!

Could you try to enter your Facebook e-mail address in the username field and your Facebook password in the password field? Does logging in work after that?

Let me know how it works out!

Have a nice day and keep rockin'! 😄

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the quick answer.

Sadly, I tried your idea before and I get the same error code: 3.

Hey!

That's no fun! Let's take a look at what could be wrong. Are you still able to login at Facebook.com?

HuboSpotify Star

Yes, that site is working as usual. I changed my password to FB a couple of months ago, but I had used Spotify without any problems after that. I can vaguely remember I was 'assigned' a username corresponding with my FB-account, a combination of letters and numbers, but I have no clue what it was.

Hey!

Thanks for that information! On this page (at Contact) your primary e-mail address is shown. Could you try to login using that e-mailaddress on your Spotify app with the same password you used to login on Facebook?

If that didn't work, do you have two-factor authentication turned on on Facebook?

HuboSpotify Star

It didn't work and I don't use the two-factor authentication. Apart from not being able to log in, it is also strange that I don't receive any links to reset my password. What else could I try?

Hey!

Alright, one last thing, could you try to change your Facebook password and try to login using that? 

HuboSpotify Star

I changed the pw, but to no avail. If I click the 'Log in with Facebook'-button, a tab on my browser opens, for a short period it says 'logging in with Facebook', but then the tab closes and the desktop app shows error code 3 again. 

Hey!

Hmm... I think Spotify can help you further with this. You can contact them using this form. Someone will get back to you within 48 hours!

Have a nice day and keep rockin'! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

I'll contact them. Thanks for helping! 

Suggested posts