Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't log in

Solved!

Can't log in

Hi,

I've created a spotify account with  user name "elista_x", but no way to connect myself.
Each time i tried since this morning, I've a connection error message.

I also tried to ask to reset my pasword but i also have an error message when i try to access to the link that spotify sent me by e-mail.

What should i do to access my account ?

Thanks, Lucine

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Is this a newly created account, this morning did you say?

If so, it sounds like it hasn't been entered into the Spotify system correctly, normally due to an error processing the signup on Spotify's end. Don't worry your account will be in the system, it just needs confirmed. You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to easily complete the setup for you, just make sure to include your username in the message. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Would you be able to post the exact error messages you are getting? It often helps track down where the issue lies 🙂

Peter

Peter

Wow, what celerity !! 🙂

With the spotify pc application I've : (that's not exactly the message, i translate from french)

- "the user name or password is incorrect"

When I try to log in directly on the site i've :

- "An error has occurred while processing your connection. Thank you try again."

And with the link i received by e-mail, i've this message :

-"It seems that it took a while. You have been disconnected for safety. To continue, thank you click the reset link in the email that you just received."

If i try to ask again to reset my password i've this message

-"The email address specified is not associated with any active Spotify account."

And... if i try to create a new account with my e-mail, spotify tell me that this e-mail is already used... i'll turn mad ! 😉

Lucine

Marked as solution

Is this a newly created account, this morning did you say?

If so, it sounds like it hasn't been entered into the Spotify system correctly, normally due to an error processing the signup on Spotify's end. Don't worry your account will be in the system, it just needs confirmed. You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to easily complete the setup for you, just make sure to include your username in the message. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

No, I've created this account few weeks ago, but this morning was the first time i've tried to log in.

That's not a problem if the "elista_x" account is deleted, but i'd like have an account with my main e-mail.

Lucine

@Lucine wrote:

No, I've created this account few weeks ago, but this morning was the first time i've tried to log in.

That's not a problem if the "elista_x" account is deleted, but i'd like have an account with my main e-mail.

Lucine

That should be fine, but you will need to get in touch with the team using the link in my post above so they can remove/fix that account for you. 😉 

Peter

Peter

Ok sorry, i had misunderstood  ! 🙂

Thanks a lot for your help !

Lucine

Suggested posts