Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't log into my account in the app.

Solved!

Can't log into my account in the app.

I've changed the password 3 times now trying to get it to log into the app. I can get on the website and sign in but as soon as I try to log into the app on my IPhone 6 plus it tells me incorrect password or username. Which obviously is wrong since I can get on the website with no issues at all. If anyone could help that would be great, I've had spotify for a long time now and I've never had any issues like this before. I'm a premium user and love it, but holy hell this is frustrating. I've sent emails to support to no avail, I've check my spam and no reply. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
95 Replies

I'm having the same problem as others.  I can log-in just fine online, but get that little red box when I log in with the app.  I just signed up for the 30-day free trial and want to get going.  Please help!

I just got a galaxy s6 edge plus and I am havING the same problem. I can get on the website with no problem but the app keeps saying my info is invalid. I've changed my password a couple times and still nothing.

Same issue here. 

Any news on this request?  I'm having the same problem.  I can login on Chrome, but I can't login from any iOS device or Windows 8.1 app.

Has this now been solved? This issue started for me yesterday - is there a fix?

Clearly this has not been fixed nor is it being taken seriously by Spotify. I cannot sign in from any device except my browser as shown by me posting from my Android device browser but the app on the same device will not work. How many different threads and respondents do you need before you fix the issue Spotify?

Why are so many people having this problem? This is my problem as well... changed passwords multiple times but App won't let me log-in. 

Can someone please help me? I was looking forward to trying out Spotify on my new phone but I may just delete the app and move on to something that works.

I am having the same problem logging into my account. I have pressed log in with Facebook and it sends me to a blank server page. Then I have pressed reset password and spotify says I do not have a valid account page. I am signed in offline but when I press account summary it sends me to another blank page. I am really disappointed because I do pay for my account and I have had no troubles in the past, now I am unable to sign into my account both on my mac computer or phoned.

I can login online but not the app.

Same here, on the three month free trial from Chromecast. Was able to sign into the app on my phone when I created the account a month ago, but when I tried to log in on my tablet today it refuses to accept the u/n & p/w despite it working on the site (and I use lastpass so I know I'm not making a typo)

The windows installer is failing with an error too (53 I think) so it could be a server issue.

This isn't encouraging me to stay on after the trial tbh.

I am also having the same problem. Not a very good user experience. Terrible. Why isn't there a number to call

I can log in into my account on my laptop, but not the app on my phone, which is where I use it more. It's so annoying. But mine says I can't log in because I already made an account with the username...yeah...I know. I want to log in now. Lol.

Same problem.

I can't loggin to OSX Spotify Application. Have tried on TWO different Macinitosh computers.

Have tried resetting the passwords and REINSTALLING the Spotify App.

I have NO problem accessing my online account.

Clearly there is a BUG.

Amazing and almost unbelievable the bug is so widespread.

Looking for tech support. Is there a Tech Support Ticketing System?

Marked as solution

I have found a solution that works for me.

Your Spotify username is NOT the same as your email address
The website will accept the email address as a username but the app won't. Try removing everything after the @

So if you log into the site with Spotify.user@emailaccount.com try just Spotify.user

I discovered this after reverting to an old version of the app that won't accept an email address in that box, while the latest version accepts it and then fails.

Raxiel, you're a life saver! This simple workaround saved me a lot of aggravation. Thanks 🙂

O  M  F  G. Thank you. It actually allowed me to login with my email address before, and then didn't anymore. I was just about to cancel my subscription over this. There is no tech support whatsoever; they don't care if we cancel. You saved this service for me. Thanks again.

Great it worked!!!!  It was getting so frustrated.  thank you so much for the insight!

Did not work for me unfortunately

Feewlings, are you able to log into the website?
Check account overview and confirm the username in the profile section, it might still be something else.

If you can't log into the app with the profile username + website password (or can't log into the website) then it's a different issue I'm afraid.

I've tried everything.  And I mean everything.  Different usernames, reset passwords.  Everything.  I can login through a browser but not on my Android device or iPhone or iPod.  Absolutely infuriating.

Suggested posts