Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't log into my account in the app.

Solved!

Can't log into my account in the app.

I've changed the password 3 times now trying to get it to log into the app. I can get on the website and sign in but as soon as I try to log into the app on my IPhone 6 plus it tells me incorrect password or username. Which obviously is wrong since I can get on the website with no issues at all. If anyone could help that would be great, I've had spotify for a long time now and I've never had any issues like this before. I'm a premium user and love it, but holy hell this is frustrating. I've sent emails to support to no avail, I've check my spam and no reply. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
95 Replies

The only thing that I was able to figure out is that when I used a strong password it broke my ability to login. I suspect that there is a code issue as I also have an _ in my email address. Either way my solution was to end the service with them as they never contacted me nor have they fixed the issue. Truth be told it doesn't even appear they have looked into it.

Good luck!

I can't even log in. Every time I try, it just sends me to my account for all of two seconds before sending me back to the login screen like I never logged in. This has been going on for the past hour, and it's ridiculous. Help, please.

I have a spotify premium account for some years now which I disconnected last year from my FB account. Somehow, now I cannot connect with my accountnumber and password anymore and I need to log in with facebook again.

Even worse: Spotify now does'nt recognise me as a Premium user and I lost all my playlists.

What can I do?

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  We are leaving for Germany for a month tomorrow, and I can't be without my music.  I had exactly your scenario.  I was SO frustrated!  Your advice fixed it immediately.  You are a lifesaver!  

You are a life saver!!

Wilkdog24@hotmail.com is my account I have premium and I cat get in on my computer I use this for my dj set up I need this up and going asap

Never had a login with password..not have to sign into Spotify.... can't get my music

Thanks !!! ugh , it was soooooo frustrating !! And I'm not getting emails at all when I click forget login" , we sent a email ... ummm nope !! Not in span either ..

Thanks again !!!! 

Thank you!! It worked! 🙂

Yep, that worked for me!  On the app I used my spotify username and my regular password and FINALLY it works!!!  Thank you!!!!

If anyone has found a solution to this, please share!

I have the same problem as the Peppe above
support team's replay was my question and 3
diffrent links for me to help, this was one of them.
Though

Much the same... Not sure why, but one day I had to sign in for some reason and I wasn't sure of the password since I didn't set it up. I should have asked my husband, but instead I had The password reset so I would remember it.

At that point, what I think happened was it referred me back to a old Spotify trial that I had with my Gmail.    MAJOR problem is that I no longer have the Account or premium package including all the playlist that I painstakingly put together, that my husband and kids had set up for me for Mother's Day.

Sorry to hear that,
frustrating I know
I solved my problem this morning and life is
wonderful again 🌈

It's happening to me. Can't log in.

I'm getting very frustrated. I let my credit card expire so my account lost its premium status. But not I'm premium again and the App on my phone won't allow me to log in at all. I don't get an error message just nothing happens at all. I tried resetting my password but I get a msg that I can't can't reset it. Can anyone please please help me?

I have to say this is appalling. Seriously how can Spotify let this go on and on for years?

I pay for a family subscription and we have to deal with this?

And Spotify's response it staggeringly awful. JUst pass it on to the ommunity and hope they solve it heh?

I think I have a solution, I had the same problem, I couldn't log into any apps.  It comes down to did you sign up with facebook when you first set up your account?

When you log in you're presented with 2 options, log in with facebook or enter username and password.

The username and password in the log in section doesn't work if you originally logged in with facebook, even though you are entering the same information as you use to log in to the website.

SO You have to click on the login with facebook button, and then enter your username and password there.

IT DOESN'T MATTER THAT IT'S THE EXACT SAME USERNAME AND PASSWORD.

Awful desgin. 

This still doesn't work for me

Thank you so much!! Very helpful.

Suggested posts