Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't log into my account in the app.

Solved!

Can't log into my account in the app.

I've changed the password 3 times now trying to get it to log into the app. I can get on the website and sign in but as soon as I try to log into the app on my IPhone 6 plus it tells me incorrect password or username. Which obviously is wrong since I can get on the website with no issues at all. If anyone could help that would be great, I've had spotify for a long time now and I've never had any issues like this before. I'm a premium user and love it, but holy hell this is frustrating. I've sent emails to support to no avail, I've check my spam and no reply. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
95 Replies

same problem too.  Just paid for Premium and on two devices can log in on browswer but can't on either device access the app.  Very frustrating.  didn't have this problem with Deezer.

Same problem, can't log in on apps but fine on web.

The solution that I have found is that whilst the web version on PC will accept the email address as a user name, the app only accepts your username (not your full email address). Added to that it is case sensitive, so the user name must be entered exactly as it appears in your spotify user account settings in the web version. 

Stupid, stupid, stupid. Seriously what software these days only accepts the exact capitalisation in a username!?

Same problem!

Very nice...and can't change my username?  lol

New to spotify and already having problems...

Have no patience to these stu*** problems...uninstall!

Spotify Admins need to leave drugs.

And people pay premium for these problems?

Cant be a worst login implementation than spotify!

I can't sign in moonlit application and I change many time my username and email but not work why?

I have been using Spotify Premium for a few of weeks now. Every 2 or 3 days, when I click the Spotify app on my Note 4, it doesn't start. Instead I get a generic Spotify sign in screen. When I enter my correct user name and correct password, I get a pop up screen that says "You are currently set to offline. Please go online to connect to Spotify." And gives me two buttons "Cancel" and "Connect". If I click connect, absolutely nothing happens. The only way to correct it, that I have found, is to uninstall and reinstall.  Then I have to download all of my offline content again. Unbelievable!  I have enjoyed Spotify, the ease of the program, when I can get itno it, and the choice of music. I was intending to change from Tidal. However, this app log in problem is persistent. It apparently has been a problem for years, based on the questions in this community. I will not change to Spotify when they continue to ignore a long time, ongoing problem.  The frustration is not worth it.  Shame on you, Spotify.

I'm having the same problem .... nothing seems to work

Yup this worked for me 🙂

I am having a problem with it logging in I log in with my Facebook and it doesn't work but it will work if I go online and login I don't understand everytime that I tried to do it on that app it says I'm connected online and when I go online I've already disconnected from every device and every thing that it could be connected to there's a button for it on the online menu someone please help before I delete Spotify

THANK YOU! This was the answer!!!

someone help me i can login on the website but not into the app please reply asap

Try this: 

1. Open Spotify on a web browser (handheld or pc).  
  2. Go to Account Overview.
  3. Click on Edit Profile.
  4. Fill in ALL info possible on handheld device: phone number, manufacturer, service provider.
  5. Save Profile
  6. Start Spotify app on handheld...add credentials.
  7. Listen to music

New today with Spotify Permium for family.  Trying to log in with email and password on desk top and iphone.  Neither will work.  Reset password and still does not work.  Tried using the Username generated by Spotify with my Password and that does work.  It is a pain to copy / past or type in.  How can I get Spotify to work with my email address?

well now the APP says username/email but still does NOT accept an email address. smart move...

Try using your spotify username, found on the website, it looks like a long string of numbers and letters. I had the same issue as you and this worked. 

i used your advise, and app login on my nadroid phone, but is there a way to return with login via email? 

Try the email again, I guess. I was able to login online with my email after that so you'd have to try that. 

Sadly this doesnt work for me

I'm a premium user and I'm about to just cancel this b.s. and be on my way... Spotify gabs about being amazing and all that jazz but without tech support they're rather crappy in the long run.

I don't know what to do about this issue anymore....

Make sure you log in with your user name not your email

I try and try ti login but it keeps dayibg unable to login incorrect password or username yes i tried goibg through facebook, i tried usibg only my username no email, ive tried reseting my device, ive tried every single solution given to me and yet i still cant login...

After reading a few replies my comments are:

• Spotify: Fix it. 
  • Until (IF) that happens: Users: ...kiss the monthly sub costs goodbye*, start a new account using a different email...start over with the parameters you wish to use...stupid and annoying as **bleep**...yeah...but once the music starts playing maybe you'll forget about in a few moments. 

*Maybe this is what the guys sitting in the big seat lauging all the way to the bank hope for...seriously...you think they really care about ...us?

Suggested posts