Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't log into my account in the app.

Solved!

Can't log into my account in the app.

I've changed the password 3 times now trying to get it to log into the app. I can get on the website and sign in but as soon as I try to log into the app on my IPhone 6 plus it tells me incorrect password or username. Which obviously is wrong since I can get on the website with no issues at all. If anyone could help that would be great, I've had spotify for a long time now and I've never had any issues like this before. I'm a premium user and love it, but holy hell this is frustrating. I've sent emails to support to no avail, I've check my spam and no reply. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
95 Replies

Whenever I sign in it says that my email and password combination don't match but they do when I sign in on the website.

Same problem here. What pisses me off the most is that it happened since the Spotify app prompted me to change the email address. I did it because I wasn't using that address anymore. After that I logged out of the app just in case, logged in again with np.. Just to find the next day that the app itself had logged me out, and it won't log in again. So that's why you want me to update my email address for, Spotify !?! Wt.. 

Have the same problem! I can log in to my account but NOT on my app. Tried email and username, both return wrong user name or password. 

For all that cant log in to the app on your phone I had the same problem I tried everything but nothing worked so I decided to uninstall and reinstall the app and after it was done I imediatly tried to log in again and it worked. So you should try to uninstall and reinstall the app. It worked for me and it'll probably work for you.

tried that already no luck... any suggestion would be awsome

I'm also facing the same problem. I have used the old APK and everything but still i can't able to login. It says incorrect username and password. I have tried the above solutions but still no use. What should i do now?

Same problem for me, I tried all the solution above and it still doesn't work...

Same problem used my user or email but nothing happened i even created another account and i still have the problem with new one 

Same thing happened to me spotify it's 2018 fix the bug

please approve my email for solution(*snip*)

Hi!

I've the same problem: I can log into the website but I can't log into the app even if I use my username instead of my email. I've changed the password several times but nothing works. Please help!!

Thanks!

at first, sorry for my bad english.

i had same problem too.

but it solved when i change my country from spotify web.

if you are overseas you need to change your country i guess.

hope this will help.

Exact same problem for me, I was logged in on my iPhone for ages and then somehow i was logged out and now when i try it says my username/email/password don't match or are incorrect. Same deal for my iPad - i'm a premium family member and I can login online and on the desktop app no problems. HELP! It really sucks to be paying premium and not be able to listen when i'm not on my laptop 😕

In the web - changing the country fixed the problem.

Yes, THIS will solve it! Moved to the US, used it in the browser - no issues - the APP refuses login WITHOUT any message (now that's just not very helpful, is it?).

@Spotify: PLEASE ADD A MESSAGE FOR THAT and don't just refuse login.

This doesn't work for me. I have the same problem. I put in the username instead of the email address in the app. But still can't sign in. But can sign in to my account in the browser. 

Suggested posts