Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't log into my account

Solved!

Can't log into my account

Hi!

I'm having trouble logging in to my account. I had to create this account just to get in touch with support.

The error I'm getting is "The username or password is incorrect. (Error code: 3)"

The account is probably close to 10 years old and I don't think I have it connected to an email account and I know I don't have it connected to my Facebook account.

I know I'm using the correct username and password as I logged in last in the beginning of this year when I purchased a new phone.

Everything work fine yesterday (05. July) on my phone, but it's been some time since the last time the account was active on my desktop.

My main concern is that someone else might have gotten into my account and change the password or something, and I have my creditcard linked to the account (Premium membership).

I'd like to get in touch with a support agent in private, so I can provide username and the password that has been used with the account, and if necessary other proof of ownership to the account.

Regards

NugattiCrisp

Plan

Premium

Country

Norway

Device

iPhone X, Desktop PC

Operating System

iOS 11, Windows 10

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed,

Please just reply to the automatic reply email you will get and they should be back to you in no time ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks!

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hi there, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community.

Iโ€™m sorry to hear you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Please check out the FAQ page โ€Someone else has gained access to my accountโ€ here for the next steps to take. 

To contact support, please fill out the online contact form. If, for whatever reason you would prefer not to, or you cannot use the form, support can also be reached on twitter by reaching out to @SpotifyCares, or on Facebook by sending a message to the Spotify Cares Facebook page.
Please be aware that responses may take anywhere from 24-48 hours depending on the volume of tickets they are currently handling.

Thanks!

Also when I'm trying to log in, it's like it's trying to access the account for a while before being kicked out, and not like the usual wrong username or password error where it gives you the error message right away. Even tried to spell the name and password incorrectly and it gave me the error message instantly.

That seems strange.

Have you tried logging in on another device or network?

I don't have any other devices but I tried logging in on the 4G network on my phone instead of Wifi, but it's still the same.

I see.

Please follow the steps from my first post and see how it goes ๐Ÿ™‚

Yeah, I've done so, appreciate the help.

Support isn't answering my contact form. 

I'm gonna get my bank to block Spotify, and change streaming service ๐Ÿ˜•

Thats probably the best thing to do for now just in case someone did hack your account!

Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed,

Please just reply to the automatic reply email you will get and they should be back to you in no time ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks!

After replying to the automated email, Spotify support was very quick resolving this issue.

Unfortunately I'm without a credit card for a few days as I had to cancel my card.

But it seems I'll stay a Spotify user.

Thanks!

Hey @user-removed,

Really happy for you ๐ŸŽ‰!

You will be enjoying your favorite jams in no time! 

https://open.spotify.com/track/6JWddKPdqvDc2WkPEi9grC

Suggested posts