Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't log on after installing on other Iphone

Solved!

Can't log on after installing on other Iphone

Hello,

I have installed Spotify on my new Iphone SE. I've deleted the app from my old Iphone. Still I can't log on to Spotify on the new Iphone. I get the message: 'You have already made an account with this email adress'. Loging on through Facebook doesn;'t work either. 

I can imagine my Spotify is only for 1 device, perhaps somehow I have to do something Spotify to know that my new Iphone is the only device.

Can someone help me out? Thanks!

Screenshot.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Maarten8,

Please try logging in with your username and password instead of your email address and password.

Let me know how it goes. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Maarten8,

Please try logging in with your username and password instead of your email address and password.

Let me know how it goes. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

It worked, thanks!!

Great! Glad to hear it's working now. 

If my post above solved your issue, please don't forget to accept it as a solution. Thanks 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Hey there,

I have the same problem, but your solution didn´t work. 
Can you help me in another way? 

Hey @julschkaa,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community. Let's get you back to your account and music!

Can you confirm that you are only unable to access your account through this new device you have? Have you tried logging in to your account with other devices as well - does that work or do you experience the same issue?

Are there any pending updates for your device? We recommend making sure you have all the latest available updates installed, as well as using the newest version of the Spotify app. 

Could you also let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of any affected device, as well as sending over a screenshot of the error message that you receive, so we can see what else we can suggest. Just make sure to hide any private/sensitive information when posting on the Community.

Keep us posted!

XeniaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey Xenia,
Thanks for the reply.

Login in and all works fine on my laptop. 

I have an Iphone5. It can´t install the latest IOS version. It´s IOS Version 10.3.4. And I downloaded the last compatible version of Spotify on this device.

The same thing worked on the IPhone 5 I had before. 

Here´s the screenshot. 

IMG_0121.PNG

Hi @julschkaa,

Thank you for your reply!

At the moment, the Spotify app is supported in iOS 12 or above, so this may be the reason for the message you're receiving. 

Can you confirm if you're able to access your account through the Web Player or the Spotify website?  

Keep us posted. 

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hey MafeG,
Yes I can access my account through the web Player and the Spotify website.
My last Iphone was IOS 10.something and it worked.

Hey @julschkaa,

Thanks for the reply.

In this case it is most likely the fact that your phone is running an older version of iOS, which is no longer compatible with Spotify. You can search the web for older versions of the app, but we can't guarantee that those are safe and free of malware. We also can't guarantee that you'll be able to log in on older versions of the app, since they're are no longer supported.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator

Hello community,

looking for some help and found this old thread. I have run into the same issue, tried the above, restarted the device, deleted and reinstalled the app.  I can log in on other devices. I am on an Iphone 12 with IOS 16.11.

any tips ?

much appreciated,

Nuno

Hey @bernardinorodrigues,

Thank you for you reply in this thread.

We've noticed that you're not running the latest iOS version on your iPhone and this would also be a possible reason for this to happen. We'd suggest that you update your iOS and check if you'll experience the same. 

We always work on improving the user's experience and we advise that you keep both your OS and your Spotify up to date with the latest version, so that you don't miss out on any fixes.

You can find more info about the supported devices/OS versions here.

Hope this does the trick for you, reach out if you need more help 🙂 

LyubkaModerator

Hi Lyubka,

thank you for your reply.  I have updated to the latest IOS, 16.5 but the issue still persists.

any other suggestion?

thank you,

Hey @bernardinorodrigues,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

Would you mind sending us a screenshot of the error you received when trying to log in on your mobile device? Be aware that this is a public space, so please don't share any personal info on the screenshot you'll send us.

On another note, is this happening just when trying to log in to your account, or does it happen if you try opening a different one? It'd be awesome if you could check. It'd be great if you could ask for the account of a relative or a friend to open your account and check if this persists there.

Just to confirm, is this happening if you try to open the web player on your mobile device? Give it a try, and let us know how it goes.

Meanwhile, you can try logging in to your account using your username and password. You can check your username on your account page.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Hi Aleja,

The issue has now been solved by itself, all good, thank you.

Nuno

Suggested posts