Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't login on my computer

Can't login on my computer

Just downloaded spotify for my macbook, I already have a premium account.  Tried logging in with my email address linked to my account, didn't work.  Tried logging in with the username that I used to log into this forum, didn't work.  Tried changing the password, and I did successfully do so on the spotify web site, but the application still won't work.  How do I get to log in to spotify on my Mac??  Please help, and thank you.

1 Reply

You can try these:

• Check that you have an active internet connection.
  • Make sure you’re on the right login screen:
    If you made your account with Facebook, tap LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK.
    If you made your account with a username and password, enter those and tap LOG IN.
  • Close and reopen the app.
  • Restart the device you’re using Spotify on.
  • Reinstall Spotify.
  • Check @SpotifyStatus for any current issues.

If you previously signed up with Facebook but deactivated the account...

If you’ve deactivated your Facebook account, you won’t be able to login. You need to either reactivate Facebook or create a new Spotify account. If you create a new account, you can contact Spotify by clicking on this link -> contact us.

If you forgot your password, you can reset it:

1. Go to Spotify.com.
    • If you see your username in the upper-right corner, click there, then select LOG OUT.
    • If you see LOG IN in the upper-right corner, just go to the next step below.
  2. Then go here to reset your password. We will then send you an email with a link to create a new password. 

Note: If you don’t receive the reset password email, check your junk/spam filters.

I’m getting a message that says my “password reset link is not valid, or already used”.

Try opening the password reset link in a private browsing or Incognito window. If the problem persists, you can contact Spotify by clicking on this link -> contact us

Suggested posts