Premium (Family)

Country

DE

Device

Any

Operating System

Any

My Question or Issue

I can't login to my account due to wrong login data, password or username. However, none of them have been changed recently. Password reset doesn't work either, because no reset email was received, checked the spam folder, too. The account is not linked to facebook.

Tried it on different devices inlcuding browser, no use. The only way I can write on this forum ist the spotify desktop app. I am still logged in and can access my account (details) from there without having to login again.

Kind regards,

Kaarooh

5 Replies

Hello @kaarooh

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Since you didn't receive the password reset email, it's possible that a different email address is associated with your Spotify account and the link was sent there. 

You can check that on your account overview if you're still logged in there. You can also use your username (might be different than the display name) to log in. 

Here's also a Support Article with some steps that might be helpful to re-gain access to your Spotify account. 

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

Hi Emilia,

another member of the same family (account) here. Sorry for not mentioning this before. 😉 Of course we also checked the eMail address in the account overview, well, everything is as it should be. Furthermore this is the only email address and there has never been another. No mix up possible.

Getting a new email address and changing it in the account details so the password reset mails may get through unfortunately isn’t possible, because to do so you need a working password, which it did a view days ago and now out of nowhere doesn’t.

We are thankful for every further hints or of course some help from Spotify itself.

Kind regards

Hello @williamsmiller

Could you confirm what message do you see after trying to reset your password?

I'll keep an eye out for your response! 

Hi Emilia,

to not spread any confusion, it’s only about @kaarooh account! All the other family account participants are fine. 

The message when requesting a reset password email is the same as always, like “An E-Mail with instructions to reset your password has been sent to your accounts email address!”

Kind regards 

Hi @williamsmiller

Thanks for confirming the message!

In this case, I'd recommend reaching out to Customer Support, as they can take a closer look at @kaarooh's account and provide with further help. 

You can find the contact form at the bottom of the Password Reset page

When you open it, choose Logging In > I can't log in to Spotify > I STILL NEED HELP > provide with all the details > SEND QUESTION/START CHAT. 

Have a great day! 

Suggested posts