Premium

Country

UK

Device

N/A

Operating System

N/A

My Question or Issue

Last week spotify randomly logged me out of my account on both phone and PC and when I tried to log back in I couldn't. I'm unable to reset my password as I no longer have access to the email address I used to sign up (It was a student email) I've tried emailing spotify but the response was just to post on here and I am wondering what the next steps are to get this resolved?

Thanks

2 Replies

This has been a known issue with Spotify users. Don't get me wrong but it's the users' fault, not Spotify.

As a user, to avoid being hacked, do not click or log-in on any unofficial Spotify website or apps.

As it appears that you no longer have an access to your account, sad to say but there's only one uneasy way for you to recover it.

Contact your bank or access your online bank account and print out some billing statements that will show your successful payment with Spotify. The reference number or transaction number should be visible. Print it out or take a screenshot of atleast bank statements for the past 3 months. Then, chat with SpotifyCares on Twitter. They can help you. Just be patience because it takes time for them to reply.

While waiting, you can also inform your bank to file a dispute to Spotify for them to stop fraudulent transactions.

Best of luck!

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

It sounds like someone might have gained access to your account and changed the email account on it. The best thing to do in this case is to reach out to our Customer Support team here and wait for their reply.

You might get an automatic email with a link redirecting you to the Community, but they should reply to you soon after that and help you get back in to your account and reset your email address.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Suggested posts