Country

Belgium

Device

Samsung A71
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Wifi

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

I cannot log in to my Spotify account on either of my devices. 
I have tried 3 different Wifi networks, Ethernet through USB-C, 4G to no avail. 

Please refer to the screenshots for further information. 

Logging in with Facebook or Email does not help. 
Facebook has an error message "Something went wrong, Please try again later using your email instead."
Starting with Facebook or Email has no effect. 
I have reset / cleared data and cache / uninstalled - reinstalled to no avail.

After two failing attempts, Spotify offers a link to log in, which results in an error message reading "The link has expired, Send new link, Close" -> going into a loop if choosing to send a new link. 

Thanks for your assistance and I remain at your service might you require any other information, 

<snip - Moderator Edit>

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there folks,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Since you're able to log in via the web player, we think the issue might be with the app on your device rather than your account. With this in mind, could you try reinstalling the app one more time, only this time use the steps listed here. This way you make sure that no leftover files remain.

You should also check if the app has all necessary permissions enabled and disable any cache clearing apps and battery optimization for the Spotify app. 

Another thing to keep in mind is that with Spotify Free you can use the app abroad for up to 14 days. After that you should update the country settings for the connection to our servers to run smoothly.

Just a heads up that we removed the uploaded photos from @DRL as they contained some personal information.

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how it goes.

Have a nice day!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

13 Replies

I am experiencing exactly the same problems and would love some advice. 

I'm having the same problem and I've tried to make another account just to see if it's working normally and everything is fine on other e-mail.
Anyway, i want my old account back

Yes, I have tried that as well. It's very annoying not being able to access
my main account.

Hey there @DRL, @morris471 and @Lala41,

Thanks for reaching out! No worries - we're here to help.     

We suggest trying to reset your password with all email addresses registered in your accounts. You can do it on this page. 

If you still experience the issue afterwards, let us know if you can log in to your account page. Make sure to also give it a try using a private browser.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on. 

Dear Ivan, 

Thanks for getting back to us! 

I have tried and I confirm having the same error message. 

I can log in in my browser. Not in either of my apps on my tablet or phone. 

Thanks for your assistance, 

Thanks for your help but I still have problem. I've also tried to reinstall app with cleaning all previous cache but it still happens

I dont have problems accesing from my web player

Marked as solution

Hey there folks,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Since you're able to log in via the web player, we think the issue might be with the app on your device rather than your account. With this in mind, could you try reinstalling the app one more time, only this time use the steps listed here. This way you make sure that no leftover files remain.

You should also check if the app has all necessary permissions enabled and disable any cache clearing apps and battery optimization for the Spotify app. 

Another thing to keep in mind is that with Spotify Free you can use the app abroad for up to 14 days. After that you should update the country settings for the connection to our servers to run smoothly.

Just a heads up that we removed the uploaded photos from @DRL as they contained some personal information.

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how it goes.

Have a nice day!

XeniaModerator

Hello!
I did all the instructions you gave and it didn't work. I reinstalled the app and then installed it again, but the problem is still existing.

Dear Xenia, 

I'm happy to report that it worked! Thanks for your kindest help!

Note for the followers, I've also changed my password online two days ago.

Once I could log in on my smartphone, Spotify suggested to link my account to my Samsung account and the latter worked on my table. 

Thanks for removing the personal information, I appreciate!

Hey there @EkaterinaB,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community 🙂

We'd suggest you try with a different network. Can you log in on another device?

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

PetyaModerator

I've tried this thing with adjusting country few days ago and it worked. Great, thank you! 🙂

The problem still continues. What should I do??

Hey @_svrgii0,

Thanks for reaching out!

Just to confirm, have you tried any of the steps mentioned by @Xenia earlier in the thread?

Should the issue persist, can you let us know what device and operating system you're using? Does it happen on all devices or just with a specific one?

Let us know how it goes.

MariaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts