Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't login - says I'm offline. Suggested workaround doesn't work

Solved!

Can't login - says I'm offline. Suggested workaround doesn't work

Premium, Canada, Oneplus 5, android 9

Issue started off with "no internet connection available" when I was on either wifi (tried multiple networks) or mobile data. Tried toggling offline mode on/off, as well as airplane mode. No luck. Restarted phone. No luck. Tried multiple more times, still "no internet connection available". Double checked my battery optimization and a data settings to make sure Spotify had all necessary permissions. 

So I thought I will try uninstalling the app and reinstalling. And now I can't even login because it says I'm offline 

I'm paying for Spotify and I can't even use it now 

The workout suggested in other threads doesn't work because I am getting a different error message:

"You're offline. Check your connection and try again." Only option is --> OK

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Solved. Removed AdGuard Private DNS. 

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Also tried "clean" reinstall of the app. didn't help

Tested logging in via desktop, and it works and can play music so it's not an account/password issue

Marked as solution

Solved. Removed AdGuard Private DNS. 

Hey there @Dekard9,

Thanks for reaching out! 

We appreciate that you posted the solution that worked out for you! Also, happy to hear everything's fine now. 

If there's anything else you need a hand with, let us know! 

Have a nice day!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

• I'm having the same problem, but I don't have any adblock on my phone (Android 7.1, moto g4 play), same "you're offline check your connection and try again" message. I'm on working wifi right now, and it won't let me sign into my premium account (I don't remember having ever logged out either). Any input appreciated!

Ok, uninstalling and reinstalling the app worked for me!

Hey @Stefebb,

Glad to hear reinstalling the app did the trick with this one 🙂

If there's anything we can help with, please let us know!

spotify:playlist:37i9dQZF1DX7KNKjOK0o75 

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same problem, and i've tried everything the person mentioned above but it doesnt work. I tried making a new account and signing into it and that worked when i logged out and tried to log back in, but my main doesn't.

I found a solution that worked for me. I connected to a other internet and logged imto my account and later changed to the previous one i was using. 

So, I was traveling abroad when I was trying to login. Apparently Spotify does IP location tracking when you log in. I had to connect to my VPN in my home country, and it finally let me login.

You're a genius. Been looking through all the answers, deleted, reinstalled, deleted cache, everything and nothing worked. Using the VPN from the original country fixed the error and let me log in. You were much more helpful then the "experts".

Hey @albundy1,

Thanks for posting, we're glad that you managed to resolve the issue.

Keep in mind that with a free account you can use it for a maximum of 14 days abroad. After that you should update your country settings in order to enjoy your favorite tunes again.

This way you won't have to use VPN. We recommend that you do this, since VPN is not officially supported and might cause unexpected app behavior.

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Have an awesome day!

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts