Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't login to Spotify - keep getting rejected!

Can't login to Spotify - keep getting rejected!

I have a Spotify account that I've been using for a while now - it automatically logs in when I start the program or my computer. Today, I did as I usually do - I closed the Facebook pop-up that showed up since I do not want to attach Spotify to my Facebook account, I just want to use it separately (like I have since the beginning of starting my account). Usually, that pop-up goes away and I'm good to listen to music. Today, it logged me off! No idea why! Then when I went to open Spotify again, it asked for my login credentials and told me I was wrong! It said that my email address was not a valid username (and that's what I used to sign up!!) and then when I logged in through Facebook, it worked - only ALL of my previous Spotify playlists and everything I had done over the last year were GONE. Just gone. All the music I saved had disappeared. It was like I had created a new account. It keeps telling me, no matter what I do, that my email is invalid and that I'm not a user, and I am SO confused and I do not understand what on earth just happened. I just want my music back and I'm really annoyed. Please help me!

4 Replies

If it helps, I now have two username numbers for some reason - 12101843238 (which was created today somehow) and 1219364271 (which is what I had from the very beginning)

Please help! I'm so confused.

This exact thing happened to me today, anyone have an idea?

@jht28 There were some server isuues yesterday but they should be fixed now. If you're still having problems, get in touch using the online contact form and someone at Spotify will help get this sorted. You may want to do this in any case to get that second account deleted.

If you get an automated reply directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly (even though it says not to) to speed things along.

@hmmmn33 What device are you having trouble on? Can you describe what happened/happens when you try to log in?

Suggested posts