Can't login to Spotify on Playstation 4

Solved!
Highlighted

Can't login to Spotify on Playstation 4

Regular

I can't login to Spotify on my Playstation 4 anymore. It worked once without problem, and after logging in, Spotify asked me to link it to my PSN account, which I did. Now when i've tried to login on subsequent tries, the application once more asks me to link my accounts. When I confirm, it says that the Spotify account in question has already been linked to a PSN account and takes me back to the login screen. I know that the PSN account i'm using is the one which is linked to my spotify account, as I have never used another PS4 console nor another PSN account in my life, and nobody else knows my spotify password. I've already contacted playstation support on this issue. They couldn't fix it, and directed me to talk with Spotify about it.

Things i've tried:

- Log out everywhere button, makes no difference

- Log out of PSN, restart PS4, no help

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Can't login to Spotify on Playstation 4

Regular

Alright guys, the problem was solved, although I really don't know how.

When I tried logging in with my real account, it said that spotify was already running (in the dummy account, which strangely shouldn't be running any apps since it was logged out). After manually closing all the background apps running, including spotify, I managed to login normally. Thanks for all the help though!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Solution!

Regular
I got it fixed.
It's because you are logged in Spotify with your other account.

(Logging out Spotify and all user accounts on ps4)
1: Open ps4 user account where Spotify is working.
2: Open spotify, log out and close Spotify.
3: Log out ALL ps4 accounts. (important)

Activating Spotify on specific ps4 account.
1: Login to your user account where you want Spotify to be active
2: Open Spotify and login and you are done.

Highlighted
Solution!

I had the same issue with my Spotify account. I tried everything (uninstalling/reinstalling, linking from my laptop, signing in on the PS4, etc.) I contacted Sony Support with no help. Finally, I contacted Spotify Support and was able to get some help from Juanito.

I created my Spotify account through my Facebook- which Juanito said has been shown to be an issue when linking with the PlayStation Network. He recommended that I create a new Spotify account through an email. Normally, I'd be frustrated at this, but he was able to move all my playlists, saved music, and followers from my old account to the new one. He also added in a free month of premium for the inconvenience. 

Sure enough- I went onto the Spotify app from my PS4 and logged on using my credentials (not through the Spotify Connect option), and all is now connected and working fine. I went back to my account and linked my Facebook to it again- so everything is pretty much the same now- and it continues to work on my PS4. 

A little bit of a complicated solution, but this was the only thing that worked for me. Hope this helps!

Highlighted
Solution!

I FINALLY figured it out. If you have had a PS3 or another PS4/PS4 account that you’ve linked your Spotify to you have to go on that account directly and log yourself out of Spotify via the App. I had logged into Spotify on my PS3 over 2 years ago and only after logging out on it was unable to link my Spotify to my PS4

37 Replies
Highlighted

Community Legend

Hello @santtu1

Have you tried to reinstall spotify app at your console?

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.
Highlighted

Regular

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfourtunately it didn't help.

Highlighted

Community Legend
I escalated your problem to staff. They will reply you as soon as possible.
If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.
Highlighted

Roadie

Hey @santtu1

Thanks for the joining the band! Welcome to the Community, let's see what we can do to help you here.

Are you trying to log in using Connect? If not, are you able to try signing in using your phone? Open Spotify > Connect and your PS4 should appear as a device. 

Let us know how things are looking.

Cheers.

Highlighted

Regular
I've tried logging in both by password, and by connecting from my laptop. I
can't connect from my phone since I have windows phone which doesn't
support this function.

Highlighted

Roadie

Ok, can you try logging into a different PS4 profile?

We'd suggest creating a new profile specifically for this test. Can you see how things go from there? 

Highlighted

Regular
I created a dummy account for this. I recieve exactly the same message:
Spotify account already linked, please switch to the PSN account linked
with this Spotify account. Of course in this case the message is
appropriate, as my Spotify account is (or should be atleast) linked with my
real playstation network account .

Highlighted
Solution!

Regular

Alright guys, the problem was solved, although I really don't know how.

When I tried logging in with my real account, it said that spotify was already running (in the dummy account, which strangely shouldn't be running any apps since it was logged out). After manually closing all the background apps running, including spotify, I managed to login normally. Thanks for all the help though!

Highlighted

Roadie

Amazing, we're glad to hear things seem to be back to normal. Solutions make us happy!

If you do experience any further weirdness just let us know. 

Get gaming 🙂

https://open.spotify.com/user/spotifycares/playlist/1jPv75Z88bsfdbZJNMA54J

SUGGESTED POSTS