Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't login to Spotify on Playstation 4

Solved!

Can't login to Spotify on Playstation 4

I can't login to Spotify on my Playstation 4 anymore. It worked once without problem, and after logging in, Spotify asked me to link it to my PSN account, which I did. Now when i've tried to login on subsequent tries, the application once more asks me to link my accounts. When I confirm, it says that the Spotify account in question has already been linked to a PSN account and takes me back to the login screen. I know that the PSN account i'm using is the one which is linked to my spotify account, as I have never used another PS4 console nor another PSN account in my life, and nobody else knows my spotify password. I've already contacted playstation support on this issue. They couldn't fix it, and directed me to talk with Spotify about it.

Things i've tried:

- Log out everywhere button, makes no difference

- Log out of PSN, restart PS4, no help

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Alright guys, the problem was solved, although I really don't know how.

When I tried logging in with my real account, it said that spotify was already running (in the dummy account, which strangely shouldn't be running any apps since it was logged out). After manually closing all the background apps running, including spotify, I managed to login normally. Thanks for all the help though!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I got it fixed.
It's because you are logged in Spotify with your other account.

(Logging out Spotify and all user accounts on ps4)
1: Open ps4 user account where Spotify is working.
2: Open spotify, log out and close Spotify.
3: Log out ALL ps4 accounts. (important)

Activating Spotify on specific ps4 account.
1: Login to your user account where you want Spotify to be active
2: Open Spotify and login and you are done.

Marked as solution

I had the same issue with my Spotify account. I tried everything (uninstalling/reinstalling, linking from my laptop, signing in on the PS4, etc.) I contacted Sony Support with no help. Finally, I contacted Spotify Support and was able to get some help from Juanito.

I created my Spotify account through my Facebook- which Juanito said has been shown to be an issue when linking with the PlayStation Network. He recommended that I create a new Spotify account through an email. Normally, I'd be frustrated at this, but he was able to move all my playlists, saved music, and followers from my old account to the new one. He also added in a free month of premium for the inconvenience. 

Sure enough- I went onto the Spotify app from my PS4 and logged on using my credentials (not through the Spotify Connect option), and all is now connected and working fine. I went back to my account and linked my Facebook to it again- so everything is pretty much the same now- and it continues to work on my PS4. 

A little bit of a complicated solution, but this was the only thing that worked for me. Hope this helps!

Marked as solution

I FINALLY figured it out. If you have had a PS3 or another PS4/PS4 account that you’ve linked your Spotify to you have to go on that account directly and log yourself out of Spotify via the App. I had logged into Spotify on my PS3 over 2 years ago and only after logging out on it was unable to link my Spotify to my PS4

37 Replies

Hello @santtu1

Have you tried to reinstall spotify app at your console?

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfourtunately it didn't help.

I escalated your problem to staff. They will reply you as soon as possible.
If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

Hey @santtu1

Thanks for the joining the band! Welcome to the Community, let's see what we can do to help you here.

Are you trying to log in using Connect? If not, are you able to try signing in using your phone? Open Spotify > Connect and your PS4 should appear as a device. 

Let us know how things are looking.

Cheers.

I've tried logging in both by password, and by connecting from my laptop. I
can't connect from my phone since I have windows phone which doesn't
support this function.

Ok, can you try logging into a different PS4 profile?

We'd suggest creating a new profile specifically for this test. Can you see how things go from there? 

I created a dummy account for this. I recieve exactly the same message:
Spotify account already linked, please switch to the PSN account linked
with this Spotify account. Of course in this case the message is
appropriate, as my Spotify account is (or should be atleast) linked with my
real playstation network account .

Marked as solution

Alright guys, the problem was solved, although I really don't know how.

When I tried logging in with my real account, it said that spotify was already running (in the dummy account, which strangely shouldn't be running any apps since it was logged out). After manually closing all the background apps running, including spotify, I managed to login normally. Thanks for all the help though!

Amazing, we're glad to hear things seem to be back to normal. Solutions make us happy!

If you do experience any further weirdness just let us know. 

Get gaming 🙂

https://open.spotify.com/user/spotifycares/playlist/1jPv75Z88bsfdbZJNMA54J

I'm having this same problem. Linked Spotify to my PSN account on my PS4. Worked great. Next time I tried to use Spotify on the same machine, I was prompted to log in and got the message that my Spotify account is linked to a different PSN account. Not possible.

I've logged out, uninstalled, reinstalled on my phone and PS4. I know all my passwords. Nothing is working. I just want to disconnect my Spotify account completely from the PSN so I can start over.

Nevermind. Magically fixed. Thanks!

Hi, I am having the same issue, but to no resolution. My spotify is linked with a Playstation network account I no longer have any access to. And that is a firm 'no longer.' Playstation's idea that you need to know the birthday you entered into your account to recover your password does not take into account that people don't think twice about putting a fake birthday in, for security reasons.
So, of course, I made a new Playstation network account, went to log in to spotify, it asks to link my accounts, and BAM -

"Spotify account already linked, switch to the playstation network or sony entertainment account linked with this spotify account."

Well, I would love to do that, but I have absolutely no way of knowing the false birthday I entered into the playstation account I probably made 6 years ago.

Would love to hear a solution to this silly problem. Pretty upset that I'm paying money to spotify for this incompetent bull**bleep**.

I have the same issue.

Streaming music from tablet/mobile to my ps4 works.

When I open spotify on my playstation, it will ask me to log In.

I'm succesfully logged in.

Spotify say *hello username ×××*

To use Spotify on your playstation, please link your Spotify account with your playstation *network*.

I have two options 

1. Link accounts

2.cancel

When I hit the LINK ACCOUNT button it say I'm already linked

I tried to find a solution for two days now and I can't get it to work.

Any solutions?

Attached two pictures

20160305_150853.jpg
20160305_150912.jpg

i ended up in this thread because i am in the exact same situation. i have tried to log in from two separate accounts that i made just for this and of course i got the same issue, but even after switching back to my actual account i am still not able to log in 😞

Marked as solution

I got it fixed.
It's because you are logged in Spotify with your other account.

(Logging out Spotify and all user accounts on ps4)
1: Open ps4 user account where Spotify is working.
2: Open spotify, log out and close Spotify.
3: Log out ALL ps4 accounts. (important)

Activating Spotify on specific ps4 account.
1: Login to your user account where you want Spotify to be active
2: Open Spotify and login and you are done.

Actually, I can't log in to any of my accounts, both are logged out but it still says my account is linked.

If you are sure you are logged out Spotify on all ps4 user accounts and can't log in.
Then you are not logging in ps4 system with the proper ps4 user account.

Start or restart your ps4 and select the "correct" ps4 user accountwhere you think your spotify is linked to.

I think you login ps4 system with the wrong ps4 user account...

Also if you login to ps4 with the wrong ps4 user, you cant switch users withing the ps4 system, this won't work.

You first must find the correct ps4 user and start spotify, when you succeed then you are allowed to switch user in ps4 and use spotify on it.

I am having the same issue. It wants me to link to the ps4 account which I have tried every account on my console..even a couple of new accounts. I don't get it. Frustrating. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify both on my phone and my console. No luck.

Suggested posts