Announcements

Can't login to Spotify on Playstation 4

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Can't login to Spotify on Playstation 4

Casual Listener
I'm having this same problem. Linked Spotify to my PSN account on my PS4. Worked great. Next time I tried to use Spotify on the same machine, I was prompted to log in and got the message that my Spotify account is linked to a different PSN account. Not possible.

I've logged out, uninstalled, reinstalled on my phone and PS4. I know all my passwords. Nothing is working. I just want to disconnect my Spotify account completely from the PSN so I can start over.
Highlighted

Casual Listener
Nevermind. Magically fixed. Thanks!
Highlighted

Hi, I am having the same issue, but to no resolution. My spotify is linked with a Playstation network account I no longer have any access to. And that is a firm 'no longer.' Playstation's idea that you need to know the birthday you entered into your account to recover your password does not take into account that people don't think twice about putting a fake birthday in, for security reasons.
So, of course, I made a new Playstation network account, went to log in to spotify, it asks to link my accounts, and BAM -

"Spotify account already linked, switch to the playstation network or sony entertainment account linked with this spotify account."

Well, I would love to do that, but I have absolutely no way of knowing the false birthday I entered into the playstation account I probably made 6 years ago.

Would love to hear a solution to this silly problem. Pretty upset that I'm paying money to spotify for this incompetent bull**bleep**.

Highlighted

Regular

I have the same issue.

Streaming music from tablet/mobile to my ps4 works.

When I open spotify on my playstation, it will ask me to log In.

I'm succesfully logged in.

Spotify say *hello username ×××*

To use Spotify on your playstation, please link your Spotify account with your playstation *network*.

I have two options 

1. Link accounts

2.cancel

When I hit the LINK ACCOUNT button it say I'm already linked

I tried to find a solution for two days now and I can't get it to work.

Any solutions?

Attached two pictures

20160305_150853.jpg
20160305_150912.jpg
Highlighted

i ended up in this thread because i am in the exact same situation. i have tried to log in from two separate accounts that i made just for this and of course i got the same issue, but even after switching back to my actual account i am still not able to log in 😞

Highlighted
Solution!

Regular
I got it fixed.
It's because you are logged in Spotify with your other account.

(Logging out Spotify and all user accounts on ps4)
1: Open ps4 user account where Spotify is working.
2: Open spotify, log out and close Spotify.
3: Log out ALL ps4 accounts. (important)

Activating Spotify on specific ps4 account.
1: Login to your user account where you want Spotify to be active
2: Open Spotify and login and you are done.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Actually, I can't log in to any of my accounts, both are logged out but it still says my account is linked.

Highlighted

Regular
If you are sure you are logged out Spotify on all ps4 user accounts and can't log in.
Then you are not logging in ps4 system with the proper ps4 user account.

Start or restart your ps4 and select the "correct" ps4 user accountwhere you think your spotify is linked to.

I think you login ps4 system with the wrong ps4 user account...

Highlighted

Regular
Also if you login to ps4 with the wrong ps4 user, you cant switch users withing the ps4 system, this won't work.

You first must find the correct ps4 user and start spotify, when you succeed then you are allowed to switch user in ps4 and use spotify on it.
Highlighted

I am having the same issue. It wants me to link to the ps4 account which I have tried every account on my console..even a couple of new accounts. I don't get it. Frustrating. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify both on my phone and my console. No luck.
SUGGESTED POSTS