Plan

Premium

Country

Holland

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9, IMac, Macbook pro 

My Question or Issue

Hi,

My boyfriend has a premium spotify account and he uses it on his phone. This week the screen of his phone broke so he bought a new one. But now he can't login on his Samsung phone any more. Also not on a macbook or IMac. It says the information is incorrect. He tried to reset his pasword, but then he was logged in in a free account. I can find his account on Spotify and it says that his username is Vicor Ebbers, but when I try that with reset password it says that there are no balnk spaces allowed.

3 Replies

Hello @sandravriese!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. No worries though, I'll be here to help 🙂

In the password reset, you'll have to use the email you used to create your account, not the username (that's why black spaces aren't allowed).

I’d recommend checking out this Spotify Answer for more info.

If you have a Facebook-created account, you should be able to reset your Spotify password without changing your Facebook one.

Let us know how you get on! Have a nice day, Jose. 💫

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Jose,

Thanx for your response. I tried the emailadress and changed the password, but it was a free account, an old one and not the premium account I’m looking for. Is it possible that there are 2 account on 1 email adress?

##- Please type your reply above this

Kind regards,

Sandra

Hello!

In Spotify, you can only have one account per email address. You should check all your email addresses for emails from "hello@spotify.com" so you can find the email addresses you used to sign up for Spotify.

Also, if you have been paying for Premium it should be the email address you get your receipts on.

Let me know how you get on! 😉
Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts