Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't login to app, saying "Offline"

Solved!

Can't login to app, saying "Offline"

I can't login to my spotify app. Prompt message always say "You are currently set to offline", but I'm connected to the internet. After a while it just asks if I "need help logging in?" but it refers me to changing my password. I've changed my password and tried to login again, but the same message appears. It's just going round in circles.

I've also updated the app. but still the same.

spotify on the computer works fine. just the phone app that's having trouble.

Plan

Premium 

Device

Xperia

Operating System

Android Nougat

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @poikichi,

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the community!

This is currently a known ongoing issue and is under investigation by the Spotify tech teams. You can add your +VOTE here so you can keep up to speed.

In the meantime, there's a workaround for this issue. When you get the "Please go online to connect to Spotify", just hit cancel > delete password > re-enter password > log in.

If that doesn't do the trick, I'd recommend trying a quick clean reinstallation of the app by following these steps.

Let me know how it goes. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @poikichi,

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the community!

This is currently a known ongoing issue and is under investigation by the Spotify tech teams. You can add your +VOTE here so you can keep up to speed.

In the meantime, there's a workaround for this issue. When you get the "Please go online to connect to Spotify", just hit cancel > delete password > re-enter password > log in.

If that doesn't do the trick, I'd recommend trying a quick clean reinstallation of the app by following these steps.

Let me know how it goes. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

Dear Spotify,

the offline login issue is known from the 2017 year, at least. I just don't get why you don't fix it or state that you don't know how to do it or simply say it cannot be solved. Since the workaround you provide doesn't work for most of the users, including me. 

So, please stop saying that is a known bug and asking us to vote to reveal that is a widespread issue since there are dozens, if not more, topics on the Spotify community. So, it is hard to believe that you don't recognize that it is a general problem. If, so please provide a statistics report since you should have one if you are professionals of course.

FYI, it is a headache to re-install the application and then re-download all the offline music that has more than 30GB. I am a premium user and expect adequate service and support from you!

Looking forward to hearing your official position on this one and with a simple solution for all the Spotify users.

Thank you.

Having the same problem here. When trying to recover my password, it even says "Username doesn't match a Spotify account" though I'm logged in on my desktop at the same time. Annoying as **bleep**..

Also, it offers me "Need help logging in?" but nothing happens clicking the "Get Help" button..

I tried all the steps you mentioned and the problem still exist... The last thing I hace to try is to make a ckean reinstallation of the app, but I have a question/problem: what will happen with all the download music? I have almost 30gb 😞

Why is this still a problem? I am asking because I am on a premium plan so that I can listen to music offline. I don't have internet for a majority of every month. So I download music, but it's difficult to continue trying to deal with this issue when I've seen the same issue since, what 2017? I have over 11 GB worth of music from Spotify and takes forever for me to download. When this issue comes up there's nothing I can do but uninstall and reinstall the app. I've tried changing the password but all that does is change the password and keep me logged out. So the only option is to reinstall the app, on doing that all that music is also deleted, and required to reinstall. This takes a while for me to do being that I don't have internet for a majority of every month. How much progress has been made to fix this issue, and will it even be fixed? Music is something I basically live on for entertainment, but the premium plan, doesn't feel worth it, and if this issue is something that is not anywhere near fixed then I feel that should be expressed to a lot of people.

I tried the fix, but it didn't work. This is the second time in less than a week that I'm going to have to unistall the app and then reinstall it. If this happens again I'm going to switch over to Apple music because I don't want to be paying for premium, yet having to redownload my playlists and podcasts because the app won't allow me to log in.

one year later... still can't login. 

@Noah

This is absurd. You've had this problem for 3 years & unable to find a solution or you simply don't care about it (don't know which is worse). I would have anticipated this from some random application from Google Play, but not from you guys.

The steps that you have outlined don't function and although I have enjoyed using the app, I am literally unable to continue using Spotify

It is not solving the issue. For you to understand - this issue is a very big hall in your reputation. I am very happy I have not bought premium yet, and I am not going to do it now.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out.

There's one more workaround we can try here. Please try removing your Spotify password from the autofill services from Google. This option can be found in the settings of Android devices under the Privacy section.

If you're still having trouble, please create a new thread, so that myself, another Rock Star, or a member of the Spotify moderation team can lend a hand on an individual level. There are a variety of reasons you might be having trouble logging in, besides this ongoing issue. More information is required to determine how your individual issue can be resolved.

When starting a new thread, please be sure include the following info:

• Your device
  • The exact version of your Spotify app
  • The exact version of the operating system you're running
  • A detailed description of your issue
NoahSpotify Star

Suggested posts