Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can’t login to my Spotify on google home since switching from facebook account

Can’t login to my Spotify on google home since switching from facebook account

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

iPhone 6s

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

It tells me "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again or check out our help are" with zero information on why I can't login on the google home mini. The mini is wifi enabled, and I can login elsewhere. <-- also I transferred from a facebook account to a regular account and since then I have not been able to log in on the google home app.

8 Replies

Hi,

So you can logon to spotify elsewhere.

Did you disconnect your account after you disconnected from facebook and did you connect it again using your spotify username and password? What happens when you connect, do you get a logon error?

Regards,

René

Hey @dreamermelon thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community!

I would actually recommend doing a clean reinstall on your device. It might also be beneficial if you can restart your device, although it sounds simple, it can help from time to time.

Finally, if none of those work try clearing your cache and data by following these steps:

Step 1: Head to the Settings menu.
Step 2: Find Apps (or Applications, depending on your device) in the menu, then locate the app that you want to clear the cache or data for.
Step 3: Tap on Storage and the buttons for clearing the cache and app data will become available.

Here is a video to help with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-PeUOLLk0s

If none of these solutions work it sounds like it could be an account issue, which is something else entirely. Let me know as soon as possible what you come up with.

Let me know how it goes,

Jack 🙂

So, I have an iPhone, for one. However, in the end no solution worked even after I did a clean install of spotify, google home, and cleared the cache on my safari.

Hey @dreamermelon again, can you sende a screenshot of what you see when you attempt and fail to login? That way I can further assist you later on.

Best,

Jack 🙂

trying to login through safari also gives me that, however I can login with Opera so I imagine it’s some sort of JavaScript issue.

also when trying to login through the app with Opera as the preferred browser it works up until the end and than redirects me to the 500 error. So it could possibly be on googles end.

92D78FAA-19F0-406E-885D-EC2AEE283621.png
32C65321-D93B-4B56-B12C-EF9878DAC2D9.png
2E9AC247-FC62-45CC-BA1F-E96A1FA45D23.png

Hi,

Let's take a step back.

Are you able to logon at all? So are you able to logon using the spotify app on your iPhone? Can you access your account page using safari: https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Regards,

René

I can not login on safari. It gives me the error. However I can login on
the actual Spotify app.

Ok. Do you logon with the spotify with your username and password or do you use facebook?

Also in safari, can you  try to login using incognito mode?

Regards,

René

Suggested posts