Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung Galaxy 8 and Acer Chromebook

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

My 'old' account has been my current account for 5 years without issues, I use it daily and was using it this morning. About an hour ago, I went to pull up the app and I had been logged out, when I tried to log back in it told me my password and email combination were incorrect. I doublechecked my password and it was spelled correctly, I tried to login on my chromebook and was also logged out there and had the same issues. I tried to get a password reset link sent to my email and it said that there was no account with that email. I tried entering my other emails, but it won't let me in. When I went to the support site, it told me to plug my phone into the computer and check the user cache, it was the same username I've been using for 5 years. That account is on premium, so I really just want to make sure that I'm not going to be stuck paying $10/month for an account I can't use and can't log in to cancel. Help please, I'm not great with computers and don't know what else to do.

Also, this account I'm posting with is an account I just made up so that I could ask for help. I believe it is a free version.

3 Replies

Hey there @hoshi98

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

Sometimes Spotify users create more than one account for different reasons. In such a case you might have two or more accounts. We suggest you head to this help page. Make sure you check all the troubleshooting steps and especially the ones for finding other accounts. 

It's also a good idea to check the steps provided in this help page in case you can't log in to your Spotify account. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Hi! 

If you know for a fact your username and password are correct, you might try logging into your account from a browser first, and then somewhere under your account details you should see a username that is all numerical unless you signed up with Facebook. Try that numerical username to log into the app instead, but in my recent experience, spotify seems to have issues with firefox. I had a similar problem when trying to log into spotify for fitbit and had to set chrome as my default browser in my phone settings to get it to log me in since any instance of internet browsing, even in an app seems to use the default browser. 

Did you get help?

Suggested posts