Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't login to my user

Can't login to my user

Plan

Free

Country

Finland

I am new to this whole spotify community thing but now I really need help. I was listening to my spotify as usual but then it logged out by it self. I was trying to log back in but couldn't remember my password so I tried to reset it. I got an email and got to do myself a new password. The email also had a new username. I thought it was weird but logged in with the new username and password. It worked but all of my friends and playlists were gone. The new password does not work on my original username. And if I log in with my email and the new password it loggs in to this user that has none of my stuff in it. I haven't connected spotify to facebook. I have also tried to reset the password again but I don't get the emails.

What should I do?

3 Replies

Hi @user-removed!

It sounds like you might’ve accidentally created a second account and signed into that one instead. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for more info.

Let me know how it goes!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @Jose_M

Thank you for the tip. I read the article you recommended and it seems I have accidentally created myself two extra accounts while trying to get to my original one... The problem is that when I try to reset the password with my email address it is connected to this new account with none of my playlists.

Hello there!

Thanks for your reply. I'd recommend you close all your additional accounts following the steps in this Support article. You should then be able to log in following the steps here.

Hope this helps and let me know how things go!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts