Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't login to spotify at Onkyo device any mor

Can't login to spotify at Onkyo device any mor

Hi,
I have problem to connect to spotify on Onkyo TX-8050. I have been using spotify at onkyo without any problems for months. Yesterday I loged-out account by mistake from onkyo and I could not connect anymore..
I tried reboot router, re-enable DHCP, reset password, .. nothing help.

Error message I get is:
Login error. Please check your account information. For help with your password go to www.spotify.com.

Account: premium/username without facebook
Pls help
IMG_0609.PNG
13 Replies

Hey folks, welcome to the Spotify Community!

As Spotify looks to improve the overall Spotify experience, they are removing the app from all Onkyo speakers.

Don’t worry, there are still plenty of ways to stream Spotify on your speaker! Check out their guide here or head to www.spotify.com/speakers/.

Let me know if you have questions.

Have a great day! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey,

I've question. You wrote

"Don’t worry, there are still plenty of ways to stream Spotify on your speaker! Check out their guide here or head to www.spotify.com/speakers/.

Let me know if you have questions."

Can Yue describe one way how to stream Spotify on mey speaker TX-8050?

Info from this link just don't work.

Hey @kjsiwy!

There are plenty of ways to stream Spotify on your speaker. For instance, check out Chromecast Audio. Just connect it to your speaker and Wi-Fi network and stream away! 🙂 Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks, take care!

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank You, I'll check it.

Same problem here: the main reason for me to buy an Onkyo TX-NR535 last year was the possibility to stream spotify via this receiver. Disconnecting spotify and onkyo does NOT "improve my overall streaming experience." What do you suggest me to do?

Main reason for subscribing spotify premium was streaming from onkyo. Disconnecting spotify and onkyo does NOT "improve my overall streaming experience." I will cancel my spotify subscription. Thanks.

Hi,

I'm doing the same just because can't login from my onkyo.

Hi, I registered here just to say that this is absolute **bleep** and I unsubscribed Spotify premium because it doesn't support my Onkyo TX-8050 anymore.

Hello,

Below is the Spotify reply on my question addressed to Spotify [ref:_00DD0pxIW._500571bR2Ce:ref].

The Spotify answer is very polite indeed ... but not of any help related to the incident I asked a solution for.

The way I understood when reading that answer is that from one day to another, Spotify removed access to different Onkyo tuners (including TX-8050 which is the one I have).

Consulting the Spotify solutions on http://www.spotify.com/speakers, the message is to buy new speakers compatible for streaming Spotify ... or to buy a new Onkyo network stereo receiver model (what can easily be done with a simple click-through directly from the Spotify site).

Is this really the answer I got on my question, or did I misunderstand?

Best regards,

Guy Sermeus

Hoi Guy,

Bedankt voor je mailtje. We geven je met plezier wat meer informatie over je Onkyo.

We willen het afspelen van Spotify op je luidspreker en andere apparaten beter en eenvoudiger maken. Dit betekent dat we apparaat specifieke apps soms vervangen door de mogelijkheid om content op deze apparaten af te spelen vanaf dezelfde app waarmee je Spotify op je telefoon, tablet of laptop gebruikt.

Bekijk hieronder andere manieren om Spotify op je luidspreker af te spelen of ga naar http://www.spotify.com/speakers.

De Spotify-integratie wordt volledig verwijderd van Onkyo -luidsprekers:

A/V Receivers: TX-NR509, TX-NR579, TX-NR609, TX-NR709, TX-NR809, TX-NR1009, TX-NR3009, TX-NR5009, HT-R690, HT-R990, HT-R648, HT-RC360, HT-RC370, A/V Controller: PR-SC5509, Home Theater System: AVX-690, HT-S9405THX, HT-S6405, HT-S9400THX, Stereo Receiver: TX-8050, Mini System: CR-N755, CS-N755, Network Tuner: T-4070.

Laat ons weten als je nog vragen hebt. we helpen je graag.

Groetjes,

Liliana

Sent: Saturday, 28 October 2017 23:40

To: Sermeus Guido <GSermeus@test-aankoop.be>

Subject: Spotify Support Case # 09803944: Inloggen - Overig ref:_00DD0pxIW._500571bR2Ce:ref

Hello,

We received your request for help. One of our advisors will contact you soon! Here's your case number: 09803944.

Just so you know, you can find other help information at our http://wl.spotify.com/wf/click?upn=J8xeSTq2IoaPgrpyZSfQz-2BW3TOiFLDRoki-2Foi8-2BQ0JTeDOdaN93g-2B6cST..., the http://wl.spotify.com/wf/click?upn=J8xeSTq2IoaPgrpyZSfQz9VSJ4ymyYGj1BBaG4yrfctmVYtunGIUXUkZl4iGBhbG_..., or http://wl.spotify.com/wf/click?upn=J8xeSTq2IoaPgrpyZSfQz50tEFrGCfZ-2Ffg7cF41XlRrUIApEhqjw1KVmtBTId1Y... at Twitter.

For reference, here is your help request:

mijn ac. is guysermeus. Sinds enkele jaren en tot voor kort gebruikte ik Spotify via 2 laptops, 1 tablet an 1 HiFi tuner met internetradio (uiteraard niet gelijktijdig). Sinds vandaag meldt de internetradio een error bij het openen van Spotify. Ik heb vervolgens mijn paswoord gewijzigd en opnieuw ingesteld. Spotify werkt op laptops en tablet, maar ik krijg nog steeds een error op internet tuner (Onkyo TX-8050). Kunnen jullie dit oplossen? Dank bij voorbaat. Guy All the best, Spotify Customer Service Team ref:_00DD0pxIW._500571bR2Ce:ref

I've just purchased an Onkyo TX-NR609 AV receiver and found that it also will work with my spotify premium account.  I get a login problem.  This is a litte annoying as I purchased this receiver on the strength of it connecting directly to Spotify.  I would guess that Spotify have changed login processes and aren't supporting legacy devices anymore.  

Fortunately I have a FireStick that does support Spotify connect and this appears to work fine.

Hello 

I also have 2 ONKYO Tuners TX-NR609 and a TX-NR626

Spotify stopped working on both od them. I sunscribed to Spotify with the aim to listen to music using those tuners - and I think it is disgracefull to just stop supporting those devices - I will have to cancel my subscription and to ask for my money back for those months that the service has stopped

Regretfully

George

Hey support team,

I have the same problem. Can you please let me know how to strem Spotify on onkyo tx 8050?  I will appreciate your answer in English. 

Best regards, 

Pawel

I agree this is extremely frustrating To withdraw support for these devices is unnacceptable. i don't want to have to buy a chromecast and have it plugged in all the time when esssentially ithe device I already own had natively supported my purposes but spotify thought this unimportant suddenly and withdrew the service without consulting its community. i am a new member on free trial and i love spotify and having great fun with it but this is a serious downer when I get home and want to listen to my newly found tunes on my main sound system. and i can't.  seriously making me reconsider a permanrnt subscription.  i am basically consigned to headphones and computer speakers. Don't want to buy another bluetooth speaker when i have hifi quality already sitting there!! Very disappointing decision. You should send all of us a chromecast to continue the service you have withdrawn from us...

Suggested posts