Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't login using desktop app

Can't login using desktop app

I can't login using the desktop app. Everytime I put in my password I get the message : The username or password is incorrect (Error Code: 3). I have reset my password and reinstalled Spotify and neither has worked.The problem just started today, it was working fine yesterday. Please help. Thanks. 

4 Replies

Hey there @cherylp211

Thanks for reaching out - weโ€™re here to help!

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall instead of the regular one? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify.

These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app.

It's also a good idea to test if you observe the same under a different network. If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. For example, some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) might restrict access to certain services, which would explain what happened here.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Hi,

I have the same issue happened on today. In the same network environment, spotify on iPhone works normally, but on mac not. I also reinstalled it on my mac but no luck here. By the way, there is a related post that reports the same problem of spotify connectity on desktop in this post below.

BW

Xavier

Hey there @xavierniu,

Thanks for posting here!

Can you confirm if you're getting error code 3 as well? Or does the app attempt to open and then doesn't?

If you see any other type of an error message, can you let us know what it is? 

We'll stay tuned for your replies!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Thanks for your reply. Today, no error and everything goes fine.

Suggested posts