Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't login with my username

Solved!

Can't login with my username

Plan

Free

Country

Greece

Device

HP Laptop - Opera Browser

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My username is "Noelind" but Spotify doesn't to recognize it on the login page. Once I went throught the "Forgot your password" process, Spotify said that my username is now "7vju0zxp0bzlfuxrmg698p95d" which I found extremely odd.

Anyhow, I enter "7vju0zxp0bzlfuxrmg698p95d" as a username and my new password and I successfully login. My username now appears correctly as "Noelind" once I'm in. 

My issue is why doesn't Spotify recognize my actual username and has given me and odd string of characters instead?

Thanks in advance,

Noelind

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Noelind,

Welcome to the community!

Currently, when you sign up Spotify automatically generates a random username, but you're able to choose a profile name.

Usernames and profile names can't be modified; however, other users will be able to find you with the profile name you chose, and the random username won't show up on your Spotify profile.

Your profile name (Noelind) will show up once you log into Spotify, but you will need to use either your automatically generated Spotify username or the email address associated with your account to log in.

Let me know if you have any questions. Have a great day 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Noelind,

Welcome to the community!

Currently, when you sign up Spotify automatically generates a random username, but you're able to choose a profile name.

Usernames and profile names can't be modified; however, other users will be able to find you with the profile name you chose, and the random username won't show up on your Spotify profile.

Your profile name (Noelind) will show up once you log into Spotify, but you will need to use either your automatically generated Spotify username or the email address associated with your account to log in.

Let me know if you have any questions. Have a great day 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

Hi Noah!

Was totally unaware that this is how Spotify worked. Thanks for shedding light to the situation. I was more worried that the weird username was visible to everyone else. 

I'll just stick to logging in using my email 🙂 

Thanks for replying!

Noelind

@Noelind Your welcome! Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with 🙂

spotify:user:spotify:playlist:2PXdUld4Ueio2pHcB6sM8j:small

NoahSpotify Star

Suggested posts