Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't login

Solved!

Can't login

Hi

I'm using FB credentials to login, I can log in to FB and I'm automatically logged into the Spotify page but when I use the same details (copy-paste) the spotify app tells me "The username or password is incorrect"

What am I doing wrong?

Rgds

Rob

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi

It kind of solved it self 🙂

Facebook SMS a code that I should use instead of the password, didn't notice getting it until now, there is ( SMS waiting on my phone now, the equivalent of facebook calling me stupid 🙂

Case closed.

Rgds

Robert

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

NatashaJ - You should be able to log in with your normal Facebook details. If you can't, it may have something to do with your settings in Facebook. Could you log onto your Facebook, then head to 'Account Settings', then 'Security', then 'Login Approvals'. Can you make sure this box is unchecked. If you could then log out, and try your Spotify.

If this doesn't work, try clicking on 'Music' on your Facebook homepage, then clicking on any Spotify track. Your application should then open up.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Marked as solution

I emailed the Spotify support people and they got me into my account by having me go to Facebook, log in, and on the left hand side find the app that says :Music" (NOT the app labeled Spotify). For me, I had to click the "more" option. It lists all music listened to by friends on Spotify, and if you click to listen to one of them, it logs you in. They said it's called a "pushed login". 

Marked as solution

I got it! I just took the space out of my password. Thanks for looking out for me though, Sam! Have a great day!

Marked as solution

You need to login via Facebook if you normally login using an email address. 😉

You can also download the client directly from:
http://download.spotify.com/Spotify%20Installer.exe

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

76 Replies

Having the same problem. I can log in to my Spotify Premium account with my FB login, but when I try to login on the site it doesnt' work. I need it to apply for an API key.

Lukas

Mallander- I've had a look at your account and everything is fine on our end. Are you definitely using the same email address that you use for Facebook?

You could also try temporarily changing your Facebook password to something short and simple. Test out this password change on the Spotify website--if that works give it a try on the Spotify app. 

Lbatteau- If you're having trouble logging into the site, please give it a try on another browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc). 

Also, make sure you're completely logged out of the Facebook website before trying to log into Spotify.com. 

Marked as solution

Hi

It kind of solved it self 🙂

Facebook SMS a code that I should use instead of the password, didn't notice getting it until now, there is ( SMS waiting on my phone now, the equivalent of facebook calling me stupid 🙂

Case closed.

Rgds

Robert

I have just upgraded my main account to premium, and whenever I try and log in I get the "Incorrect username/password" error and cannot log in on ANY of the possible methods. I have to do a password reset. After doing that I am immediately logged into the website, but I still cannot log into the MAC Program or the Mobile App (Android) because of the same error. Any idea?

Hi,

I have had spotify for one month. Love it! Apparently the money wasn't in my account when it went to renew. So, it kicked me back to the free version. I am now trying to pay to get the premium version again, but it is asking for my password. I have entered it and it is saying it is incorrect. I assume it is wanting my facebook login. Not sure what to do? Please help!

I have the same problem...its still not fixed..pls help me resolve this

Kooshness - Exactly which error message are you receiving? 

Please be sure you're entering your 'sdonohue01' username (not your email address) along with your new password when signing into the application. 

Scott23- I can see that you were able to successfully upgrade on Friday. What worked for you--using another browser or simply giving it another try?

Senrique1101- Which problem are you having? if your password isn't working on the website please try the following:

a) Using another browser such as Chrome or Firefox

b) Logging out of your Facebook account before trying to log into the Spotify website 

Meredith, I've also got alogin problem - I registered for the premium free trial and have been waitimg more than 48 hours for a device id email, and now the free trial has expired before I had a hance to try it or extend it to 30 dyas.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks.

Hi Tonyjason - First of all I can see you were able to extend your trial by another 30 days which is great. 

Also it seems my colleague sent you an email a couple days ago with your device log in details. Have a quick look in your SPAM filter--then let me know if i need to send that again. 

I can login on the site with facebook but I can not login to the application on my computer. What is the user name I should be putting in, my email is not working.

Marked as solution

NatashaJ - You should be able to log in with your normal Facebook details. If you can't, it may have something to do with your settings in Facebook. Could you log onto your Facebook, then head to 'Account Settings', then 'Security', then 'Login Approvals'. Can you make sure this box is unchecked. If you could then log out, and try your Spotify.

If this doesn't work, try clicking on 'Music' on your Facebook homepage, then clicking on any Spotify track. Your application should then open up.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thank you Robot Happy

same with me,have the same problem

Jossieelissa - Have you tried the steps I mentioned above?
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

I'm using my facebook credentials to log in, it worked on the spotify app but not on my computer. I tried changing  my facebook password twice but it didn't work.

I'm sorry, but could you clarify the issue?

Where are you able to log in using Facebook credentials?
You didn't specify any devices or such.

When you try to log in to Spotify app on the computer, what error does it give you?

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

I could log in on my iphone, and the error just says 'A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify (error 101). I did update the firewall but that didn't work either.

Could you try and disable the firewall for a while to see if Spotify works when it's disabled. If it does work -> need of change on the firewall rules are needed. If it doesn't - something else is blocking the connection.

Does the network work OK on the computer? Hence - can you access websites?

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

It didn't work, and yes the network works fine.

Suggested posts