Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't login

Solved!

Can't login

Hi

I'm using FB credentials to login, I can log in to FB and I'm automatically logged into the Spotify page but when I use the same details (copy-paste) the spotify app tells me "The username or password is incorrect"

What am I doing wrong?

Rgds

Rob

76 Replies

Has the computer login worked before?

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

No, but I only got spotify last saturday.

I'm unable to login on my computer. My facebook login works on this site but not on the desktop app. I've only logged in the first time, left it logged in since. I accidentally logged out when meaning to close the program, and it won't let me back in. I've tried all the suggestions from this feed so far to no avail. 

Hi!

I downloaded spotify on my pc but cant log in with my facebook name and pass and dont think i ever could, but on my phone it works good.

I had major problem to get spotify without FB even if it said I had a choice I was forced to use it with FB.

Not good, not good at all.

I want to have spotify without FB, is that possible now days?

Oook!

I recived a mail with intructions to solve my question above but there i could only change my settings for this forum.

1. Log on to The Spotify Community.
  2. Click My Profile.
  3. Click the Subscriptions & Bookmarks tab.
  4. Change your settings and click Save Changes.

And it didnt answer my question about Spotify without Facebook.

After 20 years behind a computer I have NEVER had such problems to login.

Come on Spotify, why did u had to put a gun in your mouth and fire a Facebookbullet?

U used to be so good...

Now it works finaly=)

In case you wanted it without Facebook, there should be a "Create an account using email address" link at the bottom of the sign up page. If it does not appear to you, clear your cookies or go with another browser.

Hi! I'm really frustrated. I'm using the normal log in style (not FB) and I am logged in on the site, but no matter what I try I can't get logged in on the application!!! I've tried changing my password several times, restarting the computer, even uninstalling and reinstalling the application -- it won't budge! Help!

Are you typing an email or a username into the first field? If you put in an email, it tries to log in with Facebook. If you put something else, it's interpreted as a Spotify username.

I have the same problem. I used to use my facebook credentials but that didn't work so I made a spotify account but I still can't log in...

Hi everybody,

I'm using Facebook credentials to login on the desktop app but for some reason I can't... I made sure that my FB credentials were correct and I even changed my FB password but that didn't help either. Every time when I try to login, Spotify tells me "The username or password is incorrect" (but then in Dutch because I'm from Belgium). I already logged of from facebook before logging in on Spotify, also didn't work. So What do I have to do now ?

with kind regards 

Marked as solution

I emailed the Spotify support people and they got me into my account by having me go to Facebook, log in, and on the left hand side find the app that says :Music" (NOT the app labeled Spotify). For me, I had to click the "more" option. It lists all music listened to by friends on Spotify, and if you click to listen to one of them, it logs you in. They said it's called a "pushed login". 

Hi there, I can't seem to log in with my Facebook information and have changed my password as the help suggested, but I can force access by pressing the play button on my friend's Facebook; is there any way I can fix account to where I can use my Facebook login for access again?

Hi gracedle - It's worth a clean reinstallation if you haven't given that a try already. 

Then sign in with your FB email and updated password. 

hi meredith - 

i have a premium account on iphone but when i log in on my ipad i only get radio stations. do you know why?

benjonesfunkrock

Tried it, didn't work. 😞

Hey benjonesfunkrock - Your account looks healthy on our end. Are you signing in with your 'benjonesfunkrock' username?

It's working on your iPhone and desktop?

gracedle - Can you let me know what operating system you're using?

What do you mean, like PC or Mac? I'm using a HP laptop.

And thanks for taking the extra time to answer all my questions, Meredith; I really appreciate it!

Hi gracedle - I've just sent you a direct email. I'd like to do a bit more troubleshooting via email for this issue. 

Please keep an eye on your inbox for that message--thanks!

Hi Meredith,

I'm so sorry to bother you with this login issue again, but I locked myself out of my account again because I changed my Facebook account password without logging out of my Spotify account first. Can you take a look at my account again please? I'm really sorry about this. 😞

Sincerely,

Grace

Suggested posts