Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't login

Solved!

Can't login

Hi

I'm using FB credentials to login, I can log in to FB and I'm automatically logged into the Spotify page but when I use the same details (copy-paste) the spotify app tells me "The username or password is incorrect"

What am I doing wrong?

Rgds

Rob

76 Replies

Grace, have you tried logging in with these new Facebook details?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

YesI have. I still won't let me in. 😞

Hi gracedle - Since you've already got an open ticket with us let's keep troubleshooting there. 

If we keep swapping info in both places things could get confusing. I'll send you a response to your case now. 

Oddly, I can sign in to the forum but i can not sign in to either of our spotify accounts. I usually log in via facebook log ins but it isn't working on the application. It shows it logged in, in the background but still asked me to log in but tells me I have an incorrect name/password. I logged out of both accounts in FB and tried again but nothing. I even changed one of the FB passwords and still no result. 

and now it works... hmm. 🙂

Marked as solution

I got it! I just took the space out of my password. Thanks for looking out for me though, Sam! Have a great day!

i have the same problem. with a internet explorer i can login, but with the application on my desktop it says my username or password re wrong...??

@laurabarcelona wrote:

i have the same problem. with a internet explorer i can login, but with the application on my desktop it says my username or password re wrong...??

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Are you logging in using a Spotfiy username and password or using your Facebook details?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

My brother has created a new account, however during creation an error occured.

Now the situations looks like that:

1. He can't log in on the site (regular username/pass, as he has no Facebook account)

2. Some page login forms say that the login / email doesn't exist and do the same with password reset.

3. Other forms say that reset email was sent.

4. He gets the password reset email, but after clicking link a page opens and says more or less that the page expired

5. New account creation is impossible as the user name and his email are said to be taken.

6. We've tried contacting support by email form, but their answer was useless.

7. I'm posting in his name, as my account works, his - not.

8. I'd like to ask for a PM from someone in charge, so I could reply with his username, email, and other data required for supervised password reset.

----

Solved by Spotify Support - thanks Olga

Meredith

I downloaded Spotify on my mac and signed up for the free account.  Will I get a password to use on Spotify for the free service?  When I go to the website and enter my email address to 'get a password', the system sends me a link to create a password.  The problem is it takes me back to the spotify website and asks me to enter my username and password.  I don't have a password.

Please help.

My sister has a problem and can't log in.

Because she can't log in, she can't join the spotify community.

This is her situation:

A while ago I wanted to set up a spotify account, after putting all my info down there occured an error wich said I should try another time. A couple weeks later when I tried to create an account I got an error that my email is allready used by another account. So I asked for an email with a link so I could change my password, when I clicked on the resieved link it said: Apparently it took a while You are loggod off because of security reasons, to go further click the link 'change password' in your received email. But the link in my email took me to this message. How can I log into spotify?

Her username is: rosacop

I have a spotify premium account that I registered my father for on 12-25-12. When I registered him, I was able to add Spotify Premium to his ipad and his Sonos. Everything has been working fine on those two devices. I later tried to add Spotify to his phone (probably about 3 weeks ago), but I was not able to use the same username that was emailed to him on 12-25-12. When I tried to change his password, Spotify didn't recognize the email address, even though this was the same email in which they sent the confirmation info. 

I went back to his ipad to see if there was any username listed anywhere, and there was not. My account is being debited each month for Spotify premium and he is still able to use it on his ipad and Sonos. I want him to have access to it on his phone, but I need his username to be able to do so. Any suggestions on how I can found his username. I still have the confirmation email sent. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I had the same problem. I logged out of spotify because I keep loosing connection to the internet with the application.  Couldnt log back in. I am using facebook to loggin, and can log into facebook fine but could not get back into spotify.  I found if you change your password on facebook and then use the new password to loggin with spotify I was able to sign in again.  Hope this helps ~G

i have excactly the same problem BUT  the solution of the mobile doesnt seem to work  for me cuz i dont have any..

So what can i do? i mean, do i have to use a mobile? and if yes , how come?

Moreover, i've already done all the previous said, mozilla, log out etc etc

thank you in advance

I'm unable to log in to my desktop app with FB nor email address.  Please help as I would hate to cancel my subscription.

@EssDot323 wrote:

I'm unable to log in to my desktop app with FB nor email address.  Please help as I would hate to cancel my subscription.

Hey @EssDot323 ! Welcome to the community 🙂 

What error message are you getting exactly? 

Peter

Peter

All it says it "Login Failed."

I'm able to log in through my iPhone app and the Chrome browser extension but i have no luck on the desktop app.

Hey there,

Welcome to the Community!

Please double check that you're logging in with your username rather than your e-mail address. If this is the case, change your password and give logging in another go.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Hi,

This is the second time that I've changed my password and I'm still unable to log in..

@EssDot323 wrote:

Hi,

This is the second time that I've changed my password and I'm still unable to log in..

Hey 🙂 

What error message are you getting exactly? 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts