Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't make account/email taken but no account

Can't make account/email taken but no account

Hi there! I'm trying to make a spotify account (using my bfs atm), but it says my email is taken, so I tried logging in and saying forgot password (since my go-to pw's didn't work) and it says that the email doesn't exist in the database! 
I tried contacting the Twitter support and even the Spotify support and no one has been able to give me an answer as to why this is happening.

2 Replies

Hey @SinnamonBun, I'll be happy to help you!

Could you try searching for any emails in your email account with the search term 'Spotify'? If that doesn't help, could you try resetting your password using a different browser or incognito mode here?

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@Billy-J
I found an email dating back to October 2018, so I moved to incognito, clicked "verify account" and got this screen 

But when I try logging in again, my go-to passwords didn't work so I clicked forgot password, typed in my email, and it gave me this screen again

(If the links aren't working, the first one says thanks for confirming your email, you're all set; and the second says the username you provided is not associated with an active spotify account)

Suggested posts