Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't make secret playlist public again

Can't make secret playlist public again

I have several playlists which I have made secret.

When I change their state to become public they are still can't be searched and are not visible in my public playlists.

Their status is changed (ie choosing make secret shows the option to make public and vice versa) but in actual no one can search/see that playlist.

Plan

Premium

Country

Israel

Device

Android & Windows desktop & Linux desktop

Operating System

Win10/LinuxMint

My Question or Issue

How to update the playlist to become public again.

For example: https://open.spotify.com/user/w4twsju232b8kszqukcq4rgct/playlist/2i3Zy1UfZqkayt5pf41f1a?si=8vDs0pKJS... is public but cannot be searched/seen by others (unless with the url)

3 Replies

@YoLaGargWhen I change their state to become public they are still can't be searched and are not visible in my public playlists.

It can take a bit for Spotify to register the change of private to public. I can verify that when I search "aelicious" the playlist you referenced in your post comes up (screenshot attached). I can also verify that it showed up in "Public Playlists" for the user "eladmena" (screenshot attached).

Spotify playlists.png
Spotify search.png

It may also be worth shutting down your phone/ laptop and trying again because sometimes Spotify takes a while to register playlist changes and name updates etc. 🙂

Solved

Thanks

Suggested posts