Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't modify Albums and, for some of them, the image is missing

Solved!

Can't modify Albums and, for some of them, the image is missing

Plan

Free

Country

Italy

Device

Macbook Pro

My Question or Issue

To begin with, I noticed that one Album that I added in My Library, in particular Sam Smith's "The thrill of it all (Special Edition)", is missing the cover image for months now, even after removing and re-adding the Album in My Library a few times. In addition, today I was listening to another Album and I noticed that the tracks I removed as Favorite songs from the Album were still present. I tried to re-add the Album and remove the songs I didn't like, but it doesn't me allow to remove them completely. This problem is affecting all the Albums in My Library.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @varxand,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Glad to hear that all's well once more with the album artwork in the app 🙂

As for your screenshot, it looks like you've only saved some songs from this album, the ones that have a white heart before them. Keep in mind that you're viewing all the songs that are contained in this album.

This means that when you click the heart 

icon on the last song, it should get added to your Liked Songs and the heart should also turn white.

Hope this helps clarify things further! If there's anything else we can help with, just give us a shout and we'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hey there @varxand,

thanks for posting !

I suggest starting with a quick reinstall.

To do it correctly, please follow the steps provided here.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Thank you for your replay, but after a few reinstalls and a few tries, I was unable to locate the Cache folder.

In my Library, it doesn't seem there.

Thanks anyway, I'll try again later.

Hey there @varxand,

Thanks for getting back in touch!

You can find more steps in this Spotify Answer in order to access your device's Caches.

Let us know how it goes! If you're still having troubles, don't hesitate to give us a shout. 

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Thank you so much for your help!

After following the procedure, the album cover returned as it was before. The only remaining problem is that, when i'm scrolling through an album, there are not only the  songs that I liked but also the ones that I removed.

To explain better the situation, I took a screenshot just to show you an example.

Having said that, I'm still grateful for you help and supportSchermata 2019-07-03 alle 00.21.41.png!

Marked as solution

Hey there @varxand,

As for your screenshot, it looks like you've only saved some songs from this album, the ones that have a white heart before them. Keep in mind that you're viewing all the songs that are contained in this album.

icon on the last song, it should get added to your Liked Songs and the heart should also turn white.

Hope this helps clarify things further! If there's anything else we can help with, just give us a shout and we'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

@Katerina wrote:

Hey there @varxand,

Have a lovely day 🙂

I'm not @varxand but that's the issue we're having. When clicking on an album from the "My Albums" page, it's showing songs we're haven't added to our library. We DON'T want those songs to show up in our library. So saying we need to click the heart on songs we don't care about doesn't help.

This is making me think that this isn't a bug but an actual "feature" that was added in a recent update yesterday. Please don't tell me it is. The "Liked Songs" page is a complete mess. It's much easier to navigate the "My Albums" page so I hope this update isn't Spotify's way of shoving the "Liked Songs" page down our throats. (As adding only one song from an album to the library no longer adds it to the "My Albums" page.)

I may have to cancel my subscription (I've had it for I think 4-5 years) if this is a feature as this latest update completely ruined my library.

Thanks, looking forward to some remnant of good news.

Ok, I understood.

Thank you so much for the clarification!

I agree with you with the fact that I prefer scrolling the songs in the "My Albums" section and not in the "Favorite/Liked Songs" list.

However, personally, I can put up with this new feature, since I rarely select only a few songs from one album.

But I get your point, I hope they are able to correct the feature.

Hey there folks,

@varxand: Thanks for getting back in touch! 

Glad to hear that this helped. 

@Upforcestar: Sorry to hear you're not enjoying the new look. The refreshed “Your Library” was developed to help you manage and access your favorites faster. It’s the first version of this update and we’ll continue to build on it based on your feedback.

To clarify, when you Like or Save an album, we add it to Your Library > Music > Albums for fast access and we don’t automatically add any songs from it to your Liked songs.

This means that when you like an album, you should be able to see it listed with all its content in Your Library > Music > Albums but you won't see any of its songs in the Liked Songs playlist unless you actually heart/like them.

If you'd only like to see songs you've saved from that album when you're viewing it, we'd recommend heading over to this idea and adding your support. You can do this by adding your +VOTE and leaving a comment with your feedback to contribute to the discussion.

If you're curious about how your feedback reaches Spotify or how ideas get implemented, you can check out this Spotify Answer

Hope this helps! If there's anything else we can help, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

I understand that it had good intentions, but I had a LOT of albums where I painstakingly listened to EVERY song on an album (and some actually had multiple CDs within the same album...) and only saved the songs I liked.

This update only wasted my time... I'll probably have to redo everything in playlist form instead of this is update isn't reverted. Which is why I said I'm contemplating canceling my subscription. I just don't have the time anymore to completely redo my library in playlist form.

But thank you for the response.

Suggested posts