Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't pay for spotify unlimited

Can't pay for spotify unlimited

Hello, my free trial of spotify Premium just expired and I tried to pay for unlimited, but with no success.

 

I'm from Portugal, and here we have a service called MBnet (it creates temporary VISA cards for single transactions), which is really easy to use to make online transactions. It never failed me and I still use it to make international transactions (such as ebay, amazon, ryanair, iTunes). I also have sufficient funds, and the credit has not expired. I tried the transaction with 2 different VISA cards and still nothing.

 

Help?

Reply
7 Replies


@grimreaperpt wrote:

Hello, my free trial of spotify Premium just expired and I tried to pay for unlimited, but with no success.

 

I'm from Portugal, and here we have a service called MBnet (it creates temporary VISA cards for single transactions), which is really easy to use to make online transactions. It never failed me and I still use it to make international transactions (such as ebay, amazon, ryanair, iTunes). I also have sufficient funds, and the credit has not expired. I tried the transaction with 2 different VISA cards and still nothing.

 

Help?


Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

 

I think you might be experiencing this issue due to the temporary nature of your card. 

The most common reasons for card payments being declined are outlined on this help page

 

If you need more help, I would suggest you get in touch with the payments team using the online contact form and they will be able to give you more advice. 

 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014


If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I am having the same problems and I am in Texas with a Visa card through PLS. Nowhere else have I encountered issues making online payments with my card and my bank said it is Spotify declining my card.

I have the same problem, my 30 day free trial expired and now i can't pay using Mbnet too.

I'm in Portugal!

Same here. In Portugal and using MBnet too.  think it has to do with the fact that Spotify tries to charge 1 euro to make sure the card is valid. Since the card allows single transactions only, when you actually want to pay, it doesn't work.


@drooghen wrote:

Same here. In Portugal and using MBnet too.  think it has to do with the fact that Spotify tries to charge 1 euro to make sure the card is valid. Since the card allows single transactions only, when you actually want to pay, it doesn't work.


That does sound very possible. Spotify will charge the card normally £0.00 or similar just to verify it exists before allowing the real transaction to go through. 

 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014


If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi guys,

For all Portuguese people I would recommend the use of a Multi-usage MBNet. If that doesn't work, what you can also try is to buy an unlimited gift certificate and use it for yourself. This is how I paid this months subscription.

Best regards.


@Manjerico wrote:
Hi guys,

For all Portuguese people I would recommend the use of a Multi-usage MBNet. If that doesn't work, what you can also try is to buy an unlimited gift certificate and use it for yourself. This is how I paid this months subscription.

Best regards.

The multi-usage didn´t work for me but the gift card did! Thanks a lot for the suggestion Manjerico!

Suggested posts