Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play anything properly without Spotify taking up a life of its own.

Can't play anything properly without Spotify taking up a life of its own.

Yesterday, this happened on my phone. I wanted to play a playlist and it would constantly skip back to the first song, and only play the first couple of seconds on repeat. I solved this by deleting the song from my saved songs and putting Spotify on offline so it could no longer reach it's song-of-choice to skip back to. Till then, things were going a sort of okay. 

Now I'm trying to play music on my computer, and the problem is back. Except now, there's a new problem. It still likes to skip back to a single song and repeat that first second of the song, but now when I put it on pause, it keeps playing random songs I have saved by itself, without me even having the program opened. 

None of my friends seem to be having this problem, and I'd like to know if this can be solved. I pay for Spotify Premium, and I love this app, so I'd like to be able to keep using it. The way it is now it's become impossible for me to use. 

1 Reply

Hey @melissaklein, welcome to the Community!

Can you let us know what device/operating system and Spotify version you're currently using?

We'll see what we can suggest. 

Suggested posts