Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't rate songs, don't get any personalisations

Can't rate songs, don't get any personalisations

So when I started Spotify Free, I had the ability to rate songs (the heart icon).  Through this, Spotify was putting together awesome Daily Mixes that I was just loving.

Based on this, I upgraded my account to Premium, and after that ... I lost the ability to rate songs, and Spotify no longer makes recommendations of music or compiles custom playlists.

The playlists they do recommend for me are not in my interest groups:  things like Rap, R&B, Afrikaans music ... I don't listen to these things!

I've gone back to using Apple Music, and if I can't sort this out, will just de-activate my Spotify account (which I'd love not to do, the early days were AWESOME!)

7 Replies

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

The ability to rate the songs function is actually still there. What happenes is that once you finish your custom playlist, the Playlist Radio starts up. There is where it will try its best to match the genre your playlist is focuses on. Instead of a heart rating system its actually a thumbs up and thumbs down. When you thumbs up it trys its best to add songs similar to the song you just rated and vice versa for thumbs down.

I hope this helps you..

Happy Listening!

Keanu_C

If this is a good answer please give it a Like.

If this solves your problem please mark it as Solved.

I'm afraid I don't have a thumbs up or down feature either. I've attached my Home screen (which doesn't seem to show any custom playlist stuff, just albums), and a view of a song playing that lacks any thumbs up or down feature.

Am I just doing something wrong perhaps?

Image uploaded from iOS (1).png
Image uploaded from iOS.png

Ah yes you are doing something wrong. What you are doing is listening to an album that is already made. There is a tab that is just like what you have on the bottom of your screen but labeled "Radio" Do you have this function?

Keanu_C

Hi!  Thanks for replying so rapidly!

The tabs at the bottom of my app are:

• Home
  • Browse
  • Search
  • Your Library

If I go to "Browse", the options are:

• Charts
  • New Releases
  • Podcasts
  • Discover
  • Concerts

I'm afraid there does not appear to be a Radio function, on my iOS or my Desktop apps.

Interesting... By any chance have you update your Spotify recently. Usually this could be the problem but there are times where certain contents are only available to certain countries. 

Keanu_C

I've updated my app, still no radio anywhere I'm afraid.

Should I cancel my premium account, as Spotify without Radio or any kind of customisation features is pretty pointless - I'd be better off sticking to Apple Music which has these features

Its really up to you if you want to cancel your Spotify Premium but would i would do is keep looking around Spotify Community to see if there is any solutions that could help you get your rating system back. Ill keep digging and see what could be the problem but as for right now the only thing that i can think of is that the Spotify Radio isnt available in your Country. 

Happy Listening

Keanu_C

Suggested posts